Sex & A Taurus PT 609....... Who Got one?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Hello

Now that I've got you to at least read this thread!! lol

Does anyone have a Taurus PT 609 they have shot a bit?

I'd like to get some suggestions about preformance reliability, CC views and any info reallly.

Thanks in advance

Snookie

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Shut up and post some images of hot chicks pimp boy! :)

You know that this is an openly anti-Taurus website. It's got to be a GLOCK, H&K, 1911, or sometimes a S&W to get approval from the masses here. Of course some other combat tupperware does also meet bottom end approval. :cheers:

I don't have an opinion on the Taurus you speak of. I'm way too awesome to carry it. I carried a H&K P7 today.

Dave

Last edited:

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Shut up and post some images of hot chicks pimp boy! :)

You know that this is an openly anti-Taurus website. It's got to be a GLOCK, H&K, 1911, or sometimes a S&W to get approval from the masses here. Of course some other combat tupperware does also meet bottom end approval. :cheers:

I don't have an opinion on the Taurus you speak of. I'm way too awesome to carry it. I carried a H&K P7 today.

Dave

Oh OK I forgot!!!!

Lingerie-2.jpg

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    My best friend had a 609 (not me personally), but he and I both owned a Jennings at one time (yes I'll admit it and never tell what I did with it) and he traded the 609 because of ftf. This is not helpful at all, I understand. I have no idea what he was feeding it. I'll call him in the next couple of days and see if I can get more insight. Gotta love having Hi Cap, tho.

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    My best friend had a 609 (not me personally), but he and I both owned a Jennings at one time (yes I'll admit it and never tell what I did with it) and he traded the 609 because of ftf. This is not helpful at all, I understand. I have no idea what he was feeding it. I'll call him in the next couple of days and see if I can get more insight. Gotta love having Hi Cap, tho.

That info would truly be appreciated!
    Thanks
    Snookie

MCOLT1911

mcolt1911
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is this the "copy" of the Beretta 92FS? I am at work, but I have two Taurus something or another 9mm's at home. (check model later) they are replica Beretta 92FS. I have put about 200 rounds through each and have had 0 performance problems with them...keeping in mind they are 17 round capacity as well....Also, I cleaned them after every use and keep them very well oiled.....

Hope this helps Pimp Daddy Snookie!

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    Hey Snook. I called him and it wasn't a 609 that he owned, but he said he talked to the guy that owns the gun shop(LEO) in Eunice and he had shot it and liked it fine. It was the 609 pro in black and he found "no problems with that gun". Wish I had more hands on info to bring, but that's all I could get for you. If I were in the market for another hi cap 9, I might be inclined to go there for the price as long as the grip didn't eat me up while carrying IWB. I know you aren't buying new (ru?) but the new ones have the same reputation as the Rugers in that you need to break em down "all the way" and clean the crap out of a brand new gun and get rid of the factory goop. I don't know what it is with these guys. I can only think that they expect their guns to sit on a shelf for a really long time before they sell.

Grim333

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Madisonvile, La.
    I think the PT 609 was the one Academy had on sale on Black Friday. The Taurus Beretta knock-off was on sale at Academy last year....

I looked for info on the 609 but couldn't find much. Taurus is marketing the titanium version, not the blued model Academy had. I think think I read somewhere that the 609 is an improved version of the Millennium, but not sure what was improved. Maybe ability to handle +P ammo? If this is the case, it should perform fine; I've got a friend who has a Millennium and likes it.

Top Bottom