Shame on Ya'll

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBLTAP461

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Shreveport
    :mad:.... This to all the people making a rediculous profit from the recent events that the govn't is considering. Within the last 36 hours I have seen the price of MIL-SPEC rifles go up to rediculous prices. I hope you really benefit from the price gouging. Thanks for standing beside you fellow 2nd Amendment brothers and maintaining the love of weapons and our rights. You people that are raising the prices of you rifles because you can, remind me of the nerds at school that would participate in the food fight in the lunchroom but then go run and tell the teacher and pretend you are a victim. Its is ok...just like everything else this will pass and it will be business as usual. It is sad to for people like me who love our guns and love collecting, to see the vultures preying on the unintelligent zombie prey that run to the first rifle they see on the internet no matter the price. These people probably couldnt operate the rifles that they purchase anyway. Last rant...... you know who you are raising those prices like crazy. "You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything." Don't profit from the fears of the weak.

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'm dumping my 60 round Surefire magazines if I see them hit $240 on gunbroker. That's 300% markup. I'd have sold a bunch of PMAGs if I hadn't already unwrapped every last one and loaded them up with ammo for storage. Oh well.

If some idiot is fool enough to pay it, I'll gladly take it. This is America- Capitalism rocks.

I have no obligation to supply the public with firearms and accessories at-cost.

I made my last bulk purchase of mags and ammo a couple months ago. I knew Obama was getting re-elected, and when he had that presidential debate with Romney and mentioned (vaguely) about an AWB, I dropped a bunch of cash on ammo and mags (and threaded barrels, just in case - because I needed one anyways) and took some of the lowers I was selling off the market.

If you waited until now, you're just like the fools running to Wal Mart for water and milk and eggs when the hurricane has already hit land 100 miles away... no sympathy on my part - the forecast has been out for a long while!

Last edited:

DBLTAP461

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Shreveport
    You have the right to your opinion. And if you really think I am complaining because I dont have my Zombie Storage full of everything I need....thats silly. But I am not selling them off because I can make a profit. Thanks for the reply.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    If you waited until now, you're just like the fools running to Wal Mart for water and milk and eggs when the hurricane has already hit land 100 miles away... no sympathy on my part.

I tend to agree. And a lot of people are selling stuff they WOULDN'T sell unless the prices were inflated. So idiots have created a demand, and profiteers are filling that demand with items they wouldn't sell normally. Everyone wins. The only people bitching are the ones who ****ed up and waited until now to decide they needed something. And let's face it...if you didn't "need" it a week ago, you probably don't "need" it now. If you're dumb enough to get into the hype and choose to overpay for things you want, that's on you.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    You have the right to your opinion. And if you really think I am complaining because I dont have my Zombie Storage full of everything I need....thats silly. But I am not selling them off because I can make a profit. Thanks for the reply.
    That's good for you, then, because like the rest of the sensible and planned-out people, you'll be able to ride out the storm and wait for the fear-mongering and panic-buying to pass, like all media-induced fads, and return to relative normality in a short while.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Yayyyy constitution, yayyy 2a, yayyyy capitalism. Wait, morons are panicking increasing demand and the price is being adjusted due to this factor? Boooooo capitalism.

You people amaze me.

DBLTAP461

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Shreveport
    Agreed my brothers........ there's something just scary about all these people running to get guns that normally don't have them. I think that leads to larger issues.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Agreed my brothers........ there's something just scary about all these people running to get guns that normally don't have them. I think that leads to larger issues.
    Do you think it's people who don't have /any/ guns that are rushing to buy their first? If so, is it more or less likely that they were already planning to get a gun anyways, or were on the fence about it?

To me, the most plausible is that it's people who already own guns going to get /more/ "just in case" they can't get certain guns again. Whether that be for collection, posterity, children/grandchildren inheritance, or reselling "pre-ban" guns at a profit post-ban... who knows.

Those are all just gut feelings, no evidence, but in any case I can imagine being plausible, nothing is scary to me. I don't see what you could possibly think is so scary about people going to various dealers, passing a 4473 and taking legal ownership of firearms, anyways.

DBLTAP461

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Shreveport
    Oh so passing a 4473 makes them tactically and mentally capable of handling weapon. Wow!!! I take it you didn't see the people running the Walmarts.... They honestly didn't look like they could handle a weapon. Glad you're not scared of anything tough guy...lol. I wasn't making reference to fear of personal safety....... I was making reference to the fact that These people as soon as the craziness is over are now going to sell these guns to whoever.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Oh so passing a 4473 makes them tactically and mentally capable of handling weapon. Wow!!! I take it you didn't see the people running the Walmarts.... They honestly didn't look like they could handle a weapon. Glad you're not scared of anything tough guy...lol. I wasn't making reference to fear of personal safety....... I was making reference to the fact that These people as soon as the craziness is over are now going to sell these guns to whoever.

So what? Keep tabs on them, you may be able to buy them from them when they are ready to sell them for cheap!

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

And that's cool with me, I'll make money selling high, then buying low.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Training makes someone handle a weapon properly and effectively.

Inalienable rights proclaim we should not be stopped from their acquisition. You need a gun before you can train with it in most cases.

What's wrong with them selling guns "to whoever" ? People are most likely to sell to friends and family - which means they'd no better than anyone if they should have that gun or not.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    you dont talk **** about," yay capitalism " when comes to gas prices though do ya !!! as always, lots of **** talkin on here and other forums!!!!

DBLTAP461

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Shreveport
    Most of us do sell to family .... but most of us arent spending silly amount on guns right now either. We already have our stuff. So I am talking about the degenerates that walk around the gun shows trying to get rid of the rifle that scares them. Then you have the football bats walking around the gun shows buying them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom