Shelby on Ax Man

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cookiemonster

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Vidalia, La
    Has anyone seen the episode of ax men where the guy shoots arrows at Shelby? Do you think it was staged? I kinda thinking it wasn't with the arrow coming so close to him. Opinions? Go.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    All that crap is staged.

The most "real" reality show I've ever seen was Most Dangerous Catch... and even some of that is questionable.

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    It looked kinda real to me but it turned out that the fellow shooting was his cousin as stated in this weeks episode. Staged or not, that arrow that bounced of the boat was still dangerous. He really needs to have his own show.

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I'm not sure what episode you are talking about as I have not watched it in a while. I can vouch that Shelby is truly a crazy sum bitch. I met him in Covington and by all means he is nuts. We were told they actually tame him down for the show. The producers direct him and he takes over from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I'm not sure what episode you are talking about as I have not watched it in a while. I can vouch that Shelby is truly a crazy sum bitch. I met him in Covington and by all means we were told they actually tame him down for the show. The producers direct him and he takes over from there.

i have a friend of mine that is related to him and she agrees with you.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Well hell yeah it was staged. I'm frightend of anyone that actually questions the legitamacy of the events portrayed on Ax Men. However there is something to be said for wrapping yellow tape around your Blackhawk. It really works, I'm not sure how but mines much more accurate with the tape on. Seriously....try it, but it has to be yellow tape, no other color works.

Not4Hire

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'm not sure what episode you are talking about as I have not watched it in a while. I can vouch that Shelby is truly a crazy sum bitch. I met him in Covington and by all means he is nuts. We were told they actually tame him down for the show. The producers direct him and he takes over from there.

This +eleventy kijillion. I met him with KPM, and that SOB is crazy. He went in about 8 different directions at every inappropriate time. Hell, I got confused listening to him.

Masonmedic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I do know for a fact that the producers of Ax Men came down to talk about a show with shelby and one of the characters from last years Swamp People.It was the producer and the young guy that is the log buyer from the show.But I dont believe they got anything worked out with a deal

killdee

Wanderer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    BR, LA
    A man has to have a few screws loose to act the way Shelby does and do the things he does, even if it is staged. I've met a few more like him over the years, and they're just not right.

Top Bottom