Shenahdoah robberies

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    I searched, and didnt see a thread on this. But this makes me absolutely sick to hear. Ive lived in this area my entire life, and this **** just doesnt happen. A friend got robbed last year at the car wash on jefferson by LA express the same way. 2 guys, both with guns, took his wallet and said they were going to kill him, then ran off. Everyone be on your guard, the scum are everywhere and have no fear.

http://theadvocate.com/home/2565893-125/robbery-suspects-arrested

This seems to be the most sickening part of it for me, seems familiar doesnt it

The mechanic, Doug Devorde, had noticed an unfamiliar white Chevy Impala parked across the street, as well as signs his truck had been broken into — a light was left on, and the passenger seat was moved.

He called out to the two men as they approached the Impala: “Hey, what are you doing in this neighborhood at this time of the morning?”

The men froze. Devorde walked down his driveway toward the men, repeating his question, until he was about 15 feet away from them.

Suddenly both men withdrew semi-automatic pistols and pointed them at Devorde.

“Back down,” said the man on the driver’s side of the Impala. “Back down.”

“You want me to cap him?” asked the man on the passenger side. “You want me to shoot him?”

As Devorde retreated toward his house, his 27-year-old son opened the front door to leave for work. Devorde yelled for him to call the police.

Suddenly, both men fired their guns, Devorde said. He and his son ducked to escape the spray of bullets.

As the men sped off in the Impala, they fired six to eight more rounds at Devorde’s house, shattering a kitchen window and striking chairs in his living room.

Last edited:

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    I live right by the LA Express you mentioned and 75% of my family, friends and clients live around Shenandoah, so it's my stomping ground all day everyday. I just finished reading the newspaper article and I'm mad as hell. This kinda thing was non-existent in this part of town until that Section 8 complex was developed on Harrells Ferry and the apartments by the old Jays Doughnuts turned into a section 8 ghetto.

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    i live right by La express too, according to the police from that event, a lot of problems are coming from those new apartments they built on jefferson next to ISC.

No i dont believe the robbers were from shenandoah. It lists their address's i have yet to look them up

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    i live right by La express too, according to the police from that event, a lot of problems are coming from those new apartments they built on jefferson next to ISC.

No i dont believe the robbers were from shenandoah. It lists their address's i have yet to look them up

Yes, those are section 8 as well but they seem to be managed a bit better than the one on Harrells Ferry

One of the thugs was from Hanks Drive...way down Airline by EKL. Apparently they ran out of folks to assault on their side of the tracks

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    as am I, also the thugs who robbed my friend were caught two, and got very similar charges. They were also caught the same way. One of their victims later that day saw them get into the get a way car. Its just an absolute shame this type of thing is happening in this area. 10 years ago this was "far away" to folks living in the BR "metro" area.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    When my folks moved us out here in the 70's this was considered "country living" and it was very safe. I remember the first armed robbery of a convenience store in this area...it was such a shock that it made the newspaper and TV for 2 full days. Now it happens so often that it's not even newsworthy.

Top Bottom