Sherburne problems?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    The wife's cousin had a couple flat tires and busted headlight when he got back to his truck after hunting. Anyone else have any problems like this before?

ColbyLang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Lafayette
    ahhh, the joys of the WMA. which side was he on ( 190 or I-10). I can call a buddy who works for LDWF and see if they've been having issues

ColbyLang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Lafayette
    my buddy says usual group of hooligans causing the usual amount of trouble on the WMAs this year. Hard to catch em all with so much ground to cover.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    My in-laws have a camp on the south side of the WMA, I haven't heard of problems from them. I will be sure to ask next time I see them.

ColbyLang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Lafayette
    You can leave a stand on a WMA overnight as long as it is not attached to the tree. Falls under the preemption of hunting space rules. It's not a good idea anyway. People see stands on a WMA and it's theirs whether it is attached or not.

THIS. buddy got drawn for an either sex hunt on Tensas last year. He and 6 of his buddies. They all go up and scout out a good area. Good sign, no other people scouting. Leave their stands in the woods overnight. They're sleeping across the highway from the entrance to the WMA. Get to the spot in the morning, 4/7 stands gone......

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Yeah, the same one that had his tire/light busted, had his stand stolen the next day. I wouldn't leave mine without locking it to a tree at least, and that's only if I had to drag a deer out.

Geauxfish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    When I hear stuff like this it first makes be mad and then disappointed. I grew up hunting on public land. Most people not only knew he law but also respected others. Sure, there were a-holes but that was the exception not the rule. Now I wonder if I'll be able up bring up my kids hunting at all if the public lands are messed up by people like this.

rhettro

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2007
    Heard that there was a group of duck hunters from laffy that liked the section 120 road area. It's been said that it wouldn't be past them to do things like this.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom