Sherburne Question thread...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    Planing a trip next weekend and had a question or two (I'm sure more later... also feel free to ask your own here).

1. Do they have BBQ grills near the shooting range (and if not, is BYOBBQ a go)?

2. Which is the better route from BR, I-10 or 190? I always went 190 & prefer the least amount of gravel trail.

3. can you get a wild LA day pass beforehand, or must it be the day of?

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    1. No not that I've ever seen.

2. I live north of BR so 190 is the better choice for me.

3. I have fishing & hunting licenses so I'm not sure.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    1. Yes. They aren't actually "pits", but there are (were) a couple of grills right by the camping area near the ranges. I'd bring a small one to use close to the range, or even get one of those disposable "grills" that are sold at walmart that isjust basically briquettes in an aluminum pan.
    2. 190
    3. Yes. Actually there is 2 types of "wild" stamps. a 2(or 3) day , and a yearlong, only a couple bucks difference between the 2. Up to you, but the yearlong makes more sense.

Last edited:

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Definitely 190 way unless you like going 14 miles on an extremely dusty road that you can't travel more than 40 miles an hour on or you'll end up in a ditch or up the side of the levee. I did see a doe and fawn cross the road going the gravel way.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The Louisiana Wild stamp ( annual ) costs the same as a fishing license now . I went to Sherburne last Saturday . You can get there from Hwy 190 . No BBQ pits near the range that I saw . No porta can anymore either . The range got crowded early . It's that time of the year .

zivadog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Went yesterday from Baton Rouge. The road was open all the way from BR on 190. Some work near Livonia in the left lane only. Porta cans are back at both the pistol and rifle range :-)

Zivadog

cheese

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Does anyone know when the range starts to be less crowded at Sherburne? I went last year around this time and every lane was being used. Got muzzle swept more times than I care to remember?

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Does anyone know when the range starts to be less crowded at Sherburne? I went last year around this time and every lane was being used. Got muzzle swept more times than I care to remember?

Too many " once a year " shooters out there right now . After deer season it gets better .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom