Sherburne

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Rifle range is up and running. Looks like they poured some cement on the 50 yard line for the targets to stand in. Also looked like they had poured it for the 25 yard line and the 100 yard line, but they dug it back up? There was a huge mound of broken concrete off to the side and there was a trench on the 25 and 100 yard lines like that is where it had came from? The pistol range is closed!

Rhans405

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I've never been to Sherburne but will go soon. It's hunting season so I presume the place can get crowded with hunters scoping in their rifles. When is a good time to go? Are weekends crowded? Is there a range master? And how many shooting lanes?

Thanks.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    When is a good time to go?
    As soon as the sun is shining to about 11:00 IMO

Are weekends crowded?
    Once I went around 2PM on a Saturday and about half the lanes were being used.
    Is there a range master?

I've never seem one. So, I don't think so.:o

And how many shooting lanes?

I never actually counted, but I think the pistol range has about 10 and the rifle range is about 11-14

:)

Rhans405

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks speed lace. Without a range master, how do they control cease fire situations to check or replace targets, etc? Is it something everyone just agrees on?

I'll probably go this weekend.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    everyone looks around and says okay no more shooting then walks down down to the targets. I have never been to a range with a range master except in the navy.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    It's chaotic and not very safe when there are a bunch of people there. The target stands are also not in very good shape. Bring your own target stands if possible.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Sherburne Wildlife Management Area. Down Highway 190 past Livonia. Right before the bridge to whatever town that is. About 45 minutes from Baton Rouge. You'll need a $5 wildlife stamp to go which you can get anywhere hunting licenses are sold.

diat150

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    opelousas
    Sherburne Wildlife Management Area. Down Highway 190 past Livonia. Right before the bridge to whatever town that is. About 45 minutes from Baton Rouge. You'll need a $5 wildlife stamp to go which you can get anywhere hunting licenses are sold.

huh? ive never heard of this and have been going there to shoot skeet and rifles for quite a few years now.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    You either need a hunting license or the $5 stamp. Not sure what would happen if you got caught without a license but knowing LDWF it could be very harsh!

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/licenses/wildlastamp/

Persons using WMAs or other department administered lands for any purpose must possess one of the following:

1. a valid Wild Louisiana Stamp
    2. a valid Louisiana fishing license
    3. a valid Louisiana hunting license

Top Bottom