Shield IWB holsters?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XD45ACP

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 26, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I recently picked up a shield 9mm and I'm looking for a good iwb holster. I have a comp tac for my G19, which I'm thinking about just ordering a new shell to fit the shield. I'm also considering appendix carry holsters. Something along the lines of a raven VG2 maybe? What are you guys using?

Also, do you just throw a spare mag into your pocket or do you run some sort of mag holder?

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I have the RM Lowrider, I like it most of the time. I'm going to get a Galco Super tuck or something similar soon, something with more than one attachment point.

Sent from my truck doing 85 down the interstate.

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    I've tried a lot of holsters for IWB. I settled on the Off the Grid for my 19. Very minimalistic. I can sit at my desk all day long with it and bend at the waist if I have to pick something up.

If you are ever in our neck of the woods, stop by the shop and play with one.

We also stock the comptac minotaur.

rasputin

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Plaquemine
    I've got a sticky holster MD2 and a G Code and I exclusively carry appendix. If I would have bought a Sticky first, I wouldn't have bought the G Code.

The Sticky also fits my newly aquired xds 45.

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Prairieville
    I thought I couldn't be happier than with the Galco Triton. Then I found the RM Low Rider. My Shield disappears at 4o'clock. Had him make one that will hold all my Glocks, too. Kee, a member here, makes them here in BR. Look him up.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If you are going to order on line JM Custom Kydex makes excellent holsters. BS member Jasari in Walker makes a good holster at a reasonable price.

Last edited:

Craig8sm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    Any suggestions for us .... ummm "bigger fella's".. currently testing the DeSantis Inside Heat (I find rides high, may just be my clothing) and the DeSantis Pocket with the M&P Shield.

I'm trying not to buy every IWB holster avalible just to find out it's not going to work. My long term plan is obviously to lighten to load and that will probably solve 90% of the problem, but in the mean time is there a holster for bigger guys or should I just plan on OWB with a "shoot me first"( lol) vest/jacket.?

Last edited:

Sasquatch26

Squatch
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Geismar
    I use the galco stow n go leather holster (bought from cabelas). I know most people on this board would chastise me for not having some custom kydex bs, but it works great for me and I carry everyday.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I use the galco stow n go leather holster (bought from cabelas). I know most people on this board would chastise me for not having some custom kydex bs, but it works great for me and I carry everyday.

Squatch- before I sold you that gun, I tried just going straight-up Mexican carry without any holster, and it just disappeared and was extremely comfortable. I'd think carrying appendix with a Vanguard II by Raven Concealment would be the way to go if you're carrying such a small gun.

Sasquatch26

Squatch
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Geismar
    Squatch- before I sold you that gun, I tried just going straight-up Mexican carry without any holster, and it just disappeared and was extremely comfortable. I'd think carrying appendix with a Vanguard II by Raven Concealment would be the way to go if you're carrying such a small gun.

As long as you weren't going cammando when you were Mexican carrying, its ok, otherwise, I may need to sell it back with about 500 extra rounds through it. but according to this website I can ask for $100 over MSRP because it's broken in! :rolleyes:

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    As long as you weren't going cammando when you were Mexican carrying, its ok, otherwise, I may need to sell it back with about 500 extra rounds through it. but according to this website I can ask for $100 over MSRP because it's broken in! :rolleyes:

lol no worries bro. I keep my junk clean!

Back on topic- I think single-stack semi's are a great candidate for appendix carry. I don't personally own a VG2, but I have their original design and I definitely would like to try one out, once Glock has a viable candidate of course.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I've got a sticky holster MD2 and a G Code and I exclusively carry appendix. If I would have bought a Sticky first, I wouldn't have bought the G Code.

The Sticky also fits my newly aquired xds 45.

Have you worn the g code at 4 o clock by any chance? I was looking at them but i prefer to carry behind my hip instead of appendix.

rasputin

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Plaquemine
    No. Appendix exclusively. My issue with it is that the sweat shield doesn't shield you from the rear sight. It's not a problem if you wear an undershirt. The width also causes interference issues with upper leg movement.

Top Bottom