Shipping meat home when hunting out of state

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tas745

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Central, Louisiana
    Ok guys I need some help I have an opportunity to make a whitetail/pheasant hunt in southern Wisconsin this November with a chance to take several animals but the question is how to get the meat home. I have a 75qt Yeti I was thinking about packing my clothes in it then shipping them home and putting the meat in the ice chest. Suggestions?

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    How are you traveling?

I get Styrofoam ice chest, in a box and with ice packs free from the lab in the hospital where I work.
    If you are flying these would be perfect for shipping frozen meat home, overnight of course.
    If you could get someone in Wisconsin to get some for you it would save the trouble of getting the chest there.

tas745

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Central, Louisiana
    I am flying in and out of Minneapolis then riding in to Wisconsin with some family what to put it in is not really the issue its shipping it home do people buy an extra plane ticket or is it something you can fedex?

Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    You might want to check with Wis. Fish and Game to see if they have regs about shipping game. Might have to maintain sex ID or a feathered wing or some others.
    Maybe boxes have to be marked a certain way. I know many states have pretty strict rules about crossing state lines with game.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    When my dad used to hunt in Wyoming, he would cut up the meat and put dry ice in the cooler with the meat. By the time he got back home to Louisiana, the meat was frozen solid.

Top Bottom