Shipping something international??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Wife got the run around today and went to about 5 different places trying to ship some skimpy dress to Scotland. She came home upset about it and because I didn’t immediately pour her a glass of wine and cover her with hugs it caused a big fight. It’s fine now but I now want to know what is the best way to ship something overseas. It’s a small box and doesn’t weigh hardly anything. To be clear I could care less about this dress and it’s destination but I’m just curious.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    IMO, the best courier for international travel would be DHL.

I've shipped many things to Canada, but only a handful to European countries. DHL is one of the few companies I know of that stays with DHL. I've shipped USPS to Canada, but that was a tossup. Once it leaves the US, tracking basically stops, then you play the guessing game while it goes through customs. Because of this, I typically avoid shipping OCONUS or Overseas.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    I have shipped a package overseas by usps with no issues. I just had to fill out the customs document to attach to the package listing all of the contents in it. I will admit that usps for any kind of shipping is a hit and miss affair. Sometimes no issues and other times they are dreadful to use.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    I have had no problems using USPS. You just have to fill out a customs declaration form. USPS is also the least expensive. I recently shipped some compressor parts to Tierra del Fuego, Chile at the tip of South America.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom