Shocked

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HitNmiss

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    norco,la
    Been quite some time since I bought ammo for anything since I reload.been looking for a new pistol and bought one from mr James at Louques firearms which I will pick up Tom morning,been a really nice guy n helpfull throughout the way.but I need ammo since I have no dies yet,so I stop at academy to buy some.350 rounds of monarch brass which I'll save haha,hornady tap,hornady critical defense,and a box of federals 186 bucks for less than 500 rounds.made me sick but laugh at d same time rediculous.and the monarch is just garbage ammo.do a good majority of people here reload,or just kinda deal with it,I know I couldn't afford to shoot as much if I hadda go with store bought.but also fell in love with the hobby of reloading to.

Sigforty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2007
    I buy a majority of my ammo from Walmart. It is hard to beat their prices on the Winchester white box 100 round packs or their federal champion 50 and now 100 round packs.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I think it's safe to say that all of us who shoot a metric crap ton throughout the year are hand loading, on this forum.

Those that shoot a reasonable amount are probably mixed, with most loading and a handful buying.

The vast majority of people on this forum are probably buying their ammo.

SWAG-- but I'd put money on it.

Raguel3

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Half n half here, a cousin reloads quite a bit of 9,45,357 ,44 pistol ammo for me , and one or two cals in rifle, the rest i buy bulk russian for mostly just practice.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    Mix here, I cast and load for all my guns, but if I'm taking people to the range I'll buy some steel .223 for them to plow thru.

Cpt. Obvious

not so newbie
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    West Bank/Algiers, LA
    well, in the last 3 years I've made it out to shoot 8 times, 5 of those times in the last month. Started reloading as the cost of ammo was just ridiculous. If that shows anything... Now I really like reloading, just another fun part of the hobby!

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Don't buy from Walmart for the price. Academy, Bass Pro, Cabela's, and any other large retailer will match their price.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheMadKing504
    Top Bottom