Shoot Wise in Gretna experiences?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cronus4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    NOLA, LA
    Looking to see if anyone has any experience with Shoot Wise in Gretna, I need a stubborn trigger guard roll pin pressed in as well as a bolt catch roll pin inserted in my lower. It's my SBR lower so I want someone that will not scratch/dent etc my lower.

Experiences appreciated and thanks in advance!

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    I've had good luck so far doing the bokt catch roll pin with a punch and a small pair of vice grips to slightly pinch the pin.
    As for the trigger guard well, this is my trick: http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...-trigger-guard-sku100011683-56059-116559.aspx
    No exp with shootwise gunsmith-wise just hoping this helps. I friggin LOVE that pinless triggerguard. After beating one of my lowers up pretty bad trying to do that roll pin, this is all I'd ever use.

Cronus4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    NOLA, LA
    Thanks for the tip, I've done multiple lowers but this pin has been super stubborn and it's already in 3/4 of the way. I just don't want to mess with it. This is exactly why I now usually only buy lowers with threaded bolt catches and billet with oversized trigger guard present.

Cronus4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    NOLA, LA
    Thanks for the tips fellas, I just honestly didn't want to mess with this one. I was already getting frustrated working on it this weekend and I don't have a vise or a large array of tools at the house so I didn't want to do something I would regret.

Took it to Shoot Wise and had Jack work on it, it took him around 40mins or so to mess with the trigger guard roll pin and get it in as well as install the bolt catch. I must say, it's the patience and care that a wise and experienced gunsmith takes that I wanted working on my SBR lower. If anyone has any gun smithing needs in GNO area I would recommend Jack and the Shoot Wise crew.

Top Bottom