Shooter downrange during coarse of fire!!!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    seems like putting your revolver on top of the car just in case is just really stupid imo. Before that he mentioned that he had it under his leg while driving I am going to have to look into those nifty holsters.

Something tells me he didn't account for the sight off set.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    the-stupidity-is-strong-in-this-one.jpg

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Saw a video awhile back of some kid using the top of his pickup as a shooting bench, shot a hole right in trough the roof. Geniuses!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yet another reason I wont go to a range. I know, that was a shooting event, not just an average day at a public range. But I'm more than content to shoot at the family range in the good ol' outdoors because of the possibilities.
    I'm glad that one didn't end in a tragedy. The shooter clearly sent a few rounds past the guy in the hot seat around the 20 second mark and after. Jeezums. I'd say that guy should go buy a lotto ticket, but it's clear he used up his share of luck.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    This kind of potential tragedy is the reason that, in competition, a CRO/RO with the timer should follow the last person left pasting/resetting a stage out of the hot zone. He or she is the only person who can start the course of fire so it is up to him or her to make sure nobody is left downrange…particularly important on stages that have a lot of walls or other things that obscure portions of the stage from the start box.

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    This was posted in that thread by an ARFCOM member from Louisiana...LOL!

" Not a hijack, but this reminds me of a friend who was sighting in a scope he just bought and put on a 7 m.. Mag bolt-action rifle. He laid it across his hood and first shot shattered his windshield from the concussion. It was about 15 degrees outside and he had a 50-mile trip back home. Along the way is the second longest bridge in the world, the Lake Pontchartrain Bridge. It's a 24-mile bridge over water.There were cops checking brake tags at the toll booth. He had none, because he had no windshield left..haha. They let him go because they were laughing so hard and knew he was suffering already, he was blue by the time he got home."

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    This was in Arizona. A friend of mine knows all involved. The RO and shooter are very experienced and neither would have started the stage knowing someone was down range. The solid walls are somewhat of a hindrance with complex stages like these. Mesh type walls are a huge improvement. Also, if you are paying attention, when the "down range" guy comes into view, you will notice that he has a brass wizzard in his hand. He was picking up brass! Being that the guy is almost completely deaf didn't help much either.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    The RO and shooter are very experienced and neither would have started the stage knowing someone was down range.

That's the point, scooter, they didn't know and they did. If as RO you're the last person downrange, and immediately walk up to the shooter and say "Make Ready", this could not occur. Forget who I learned that particular trick from, but it's a winner and I've used it on every stage I've ever run.

Top Bottom