Shooter's prices lately...anyone know why?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    A few weeks back when Lafayette Shooters got a few pallets of ammo they were selling 100 round boxes of American Eagle .223 for $50. The week of the recent gun show I went back and they were up to $75 a box. Someone told me that the price increase was to deter people from reselling at the gun show. Anyway, I went back today for lunch and they are now selling for $100 per box. I'm not trying to start a thread to trash them, I just want to know if anyone else knows the reason for such a steep price increase in such a short time.

doug426

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Slidell
    I know that many dealers are paying much higher prices, so they are forced to mark up accordingly. This might be the only way that they can get any ammo for their customers. I don't know LS, but I have always heard good things about them. Survival in this screwed up market is tough.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Don't worry about starting a thread to trash them.

They're trash.

There's been plenty of threads shitting on them, and I know I've started one or two.

**** them.

NO ONE is getting ammo at prices to justify $1/round for cheap AE .223. They're being dicks.

Mac 1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Welsh, LA
    I've never bought ammo at Shooters but, I do know they are proud of their pistols based upon the prices they were charging. And this was before the craziness started. Looking on Ammo Seek and other web sites, all of them are up in price on the .223/5.56. The only 7.62 x 39 you can get is the steel cased stuff. They want $.50+ for that and I do not want to shoot it in my Mini 30 and my Sig 556 won't eject the stuff. You can't find 9mm and when you do they want more than what 45 caliber is going for. They have essentially made an expensive sport to start out with almost unaffordable. One of these days I'll tell you guys how I really feel, LOL.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Damn, and I was about to give them a call to see I they had any 9mm rounds. I haven't spent a dime in that place I. Almost 2 years. Looks like I'll keep with the boycott.

You hit the nail on the head Mac. Shooting isn't just a bunch of rednecks like the liberals would like people to believe. It's definitely a rich boy sport to begin with. Add the crazy **** going on and now it's unreal!

Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur
    Damn, and I was about to give them a call to see I they had any 9mm rounds. I haven't spent a dime in that place I. Almost 2 years. Looks like I'll keep with the boycott.

You hit the nail on the head Mac. Shooting isn't just a bunch of rednecks like the liberals would like people to believe. It's definitely a rich boy sport to begin with. Add the crazy **** going on and now it's unreal!

agreed!! Unless you use Crazy Uncle Joe Bs security plan- two shotgun shells and a balcony...

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I bought some 300BLK from them because they had it at surprisingly /normal/ prices about 6 months ago. I was looking to get one box of various kinds, to see what shot well in my AR, before stocking up on any one kind. Sucks to pay shipping on one box from several places so buying local was nice. I got a couple different kinds from Academy, Cabelas, and Amax from Shooters... it was just then that I thought maybe I'll stop hating on Shooters. Then I went in again later that month and had an incident that made me write 'em off.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    shooters is overpriced big time, and daves is staffed by complete moronic asshats. don't care to type out the entire daves story, but its ...bad.

Daves sucks- Short version: "looking for a glock, or X or Y (whatever it was at the time), you got any?" "Glocks are trash. people serious about SD only carry revolvers because they can't jam. you cant reload during a gunfight anyway because you lose fine motor skills. trust me buy this revolver bro."

asked him if he actually believed the horseshit coming out of his mouth, or if its just the canned sales speech to sell guns to idiots. I then walked out and haven't returned.

Shooters sucks- Short version:
    "I'm looking for X gun, at around $xxx"
    "we sell it for $1595"
    "here it is on my ipad for sale in baton rouge, for $1050. Here's another in shreveport, 1035. Here's another lake charles, 1100.00. I'd rather not make the drive... Where did you come up with 1595?"
    "its our price. buy it there then"
    "okay. will do"

drove to BR, bought gun, ammo, case, and still ended up under his price, gas included. bonus points: ate at Joe's Crabshack on way home.

crazy_mike

Cautious
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Lafayette,la
    i havent stepped foot in shooter's in years, was having trouble finding 30-30 ammo, went to the gun and knife show bought two boxes for 17.99 a box of 20, my brother calls me up hey i got you a box of 30-30 ammo, i was like from where, he said shooters, i said here we go how much they raped you for, he said a box of 20rds 42.99!!!!!!!!

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    i havent stepped foot in shooter's in years, was having trouble finding 30-30 ammo, went to the gun and knife show bought two boxes for 17.99 a box of 20, my brother calls me up hey i got you a box of 30-30 ammo, i was like from where, he said shooters, i said here we go how much they raped you for, he said a box of 20rds 42.99!!!!!!!!

wow. they should have sent him flowers the next morning.

Top Bottom