Shooting at Jefferson Gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I was hoping no one here would start sharing names until an official statement was released...

I should have expected less from the usual customers here.

Yes. Receiving the notification on an Internet forum would be horrible. Maybe the mods can delete that post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I was hoping no one here would start sharing names until an official statement was released...

I should have expected less from the usual customers here.

Some news outlet was too quick to put the story out and get a jump on the others. Said 6 fatalities and made new with that story that wasn't true. Media is just as bad. I knew the names but wouldn't post them for same reason you mentioned. I"m sure later tonight we will get more info. My info came from friend on scene.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Until someone can link to an article or press release showing that the names have been officially released, please refrain from publicly listing names of those involved or potentially involved. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So one of those involved had a Glock with an extended magazine.

39560916-9282311-image-a-9_1613866509685.jpg

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Leave it to the family of the deceased, saying there’s no way their son could of been the cause of the shooting. He doesn’t have it in him. He is a father with another child on the way..... sure your baby wouldn’t argue and shoot at people..... yet here we are with a crime scene.

What about the family of the others affected? Are you saying your child is solely incapable of this situation but it’s caused by all those others?

hkump

Rating - 100%
    315   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    Damn, prayers for the family. One thing is for sure though, without the good guys shooting the bad guy, I think it could have been worse. So, at least they were able to knock out the bad guy. Hope it's not a bayoushooter.com member. Stay safe brothers and always be aware of your surroundings.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    So one of those involved had a Glock with an extended magazine.

39560916-9282311-image-a-9_1613866509685.jpg

I'm assuming the gunman, but that's just an assumption. One of the other photos posted by NOLA.com shows at least five hits in the windshield of a vehicle in the parking lot. I feel really bad for anyone who was there. It sounds like a huge mess and appears that many shots were fired by multiple individuals. Everyone should wait until the official statements by JPSO and JPCO are released, after families have been notified, before making a ton of speculation on what actually happened.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Leave it to the family of the deceased, saying there’s no way their son could of been the cause of the shooting. He doesn’t have it in him. He is a father with another child on the way..... sure your baby wouldn’t argue and shoot at people..... yet here we are with a crime scene.

What about the family of the others affected? Are you saying your child is solely incapable of this situation but it’s caused by all those others?

I have to imagine the store has a surveillance system.

Scott5.0

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Loranger, LA

Yeah, they had her on the Channel 6 news first thing at 5pm. Amazing.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm assuming the gunman, but that's just an assumption. One of the other photos posted by NOLA.com shows at least five hits in the windshield of a vehicle in the parking lot. I feel really bad for anyone who was there. It sounds like a huge mess and appears that many shots were fired by multiple individuals. Everyone should wait until the official statements by JPSO and JPCO are released, after families have been notified, before making a ton of speculation on what actually happened.

I assumed that as well. From what I could tell from all the fragmented articles, 2 of the deceased were in the store and the third deceased, the customer, was outside.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Apparently they had a conceal carry permit class taking place at the same time this happened. The news reported a shaking man, holding a copy of his finger prints from the class.

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Mods, if anything I post needs to be redacted feel free to do so. I know better than to post names, but I'll post what I know so far from different folks. All info believed to be accurate but not guaranteed so.

No LSP or St. Charles that I know of were there. Only 26 that was injured was a St. John reserve who was shot and got his arm broke. The CHP instructor at the store was apparently who landed the fatal rounds.

I've heard audio of the engagement and it was in excess of 30 rounds. Huge amount of gunfire.

The loss of life is incredibly sad and look for policy changes and less ******** tolerated at gun stores as a result of this. I've been in touch with the owners and managers of several local gun stores and everyone is appalled.

Top Bottom