Shooting at Jefferson Gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My bud worked there for years and is a good friend of the deceased. I knew him as well and yes we should wait for the smoke to clear before breaking news like that. Common decency folks.
    Prayers for all involved that had to endure that senseless tragedy as well as those left to deal with the loss. If anyone hears of any gesture going down to show support please keep us informed.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I just for the life of me can’t figure out what would possess someone to pull a gun out and start firing at people if your not protecting your life, property, or life of others. Sad situation all around

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I just for the life of me can’t figure out what would possess someone to pull a gun out and start firing at people if your not protecting your life, property, or life of others. Sad situation all around

He didn't pull it out, it was already in his hands per the reports...

dtrice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    Metarie, LA
    He didn't pull it out, it was already in his hands per the reports...

I drive by there often and have stopped in, but haven't gone in a few months, so I don't know anyone there. Has anyone posted or reported the chain of events? Are there any known or suspected motives?

The loss of life is incredibly sad and look for policy changes and less ******** tolerated at gun stores as a result of this. I've been in touch with the owners and managers of several local gun stores and everyone is appalled.

Did store policy play a role in what happened?

Last edited:

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    Maybe we as a BayouShooter family should get something going regardless of anything else?

- - - Updated - - -

I tried contacting a member I know that works there, no reply.

I am praying he is ok.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Maybe we as a BayouShooter family should get something going regardless of anything else?

- - - Updated - - -

I tried contacting a member I know that works there, no reply.

I am praying he is ok.

If they have some official fund that would go towards the funeral arrangements of the deceased, If the mods are willing, please post.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    From CHP instructor in NOLA

From a fellow Facebook friend.

WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD ABOUT THE SHOOTING AT THE JEFFERSON GUN OUTLET.

A black male walked into the Jefferson Gun Outlet on Airline with a loaded, un-holstered gun which is strictly against the rules. When told to unload and/or turn over gun, he refused. An argument ensued and he started shooting, killing two. THREE DEAD AND TWO WOUNDED. The shooter was also killed by armed customers who heard the gunshots.

Iancallahan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Houma
    I just don't understand what would go through your mind as you're thinking about pulling the trigger on someone in a gun store maliciously. It has to be the worst possible place you could attempt to maliciously hurt someone due to the amount of arms and people in the area. The times I shopped there I was always impressed with thier customer service. Definitely good people there.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I just don't understand what would go through your mind as you're thinking about pulling the trigger on someone in a gun store maliciously. It has to be the worst possible place you could attempt to maliciously hurt someone due to the amount of arms and people in the area. The times I shopped there I was always impressed with thier customer service. Definitely good people there.

Add to that, you have two small kids with you!

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I can’t stop thinking about how sad and tragic this has been. The store is a short drive from my home in Mid-City. I don’t think we will ever be able to make any sense of this.
    God have mercy!

RM Holsters

Aware
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Sometimes I get too used to seeing the shootings on the local news. It happens in "bad areas" 2 or 3 per night. The names and the details of the shootings are rarely posted, but when it happens at places you've been, people you've interacted with it reminds you that evil does exist and can come at anytime. I pray that there will be peace for those who need it. Stay Safe.

Top Bottom