Shooting at Jefferson Gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    The shooter had two small kids or a customer?

There was talk that the initial shooter did have kids, but nothing concrete as to him having the kids with him at the score. it would be another shameful act if he were actually riding around in the car with the weapon as it was presented in the store with two little kids in the car.
    Again this is so very sad, I religiously go there every other week.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    There was talk that the initial shooter did have kids, but nothing concrete as to him having the kids with him at the score. it would be another shameful act if he were actually riding around in the car with the weapon as it was presented in the store with two little kids in the car.

What? Who cares about the godless heathen shooter or his spawn, You know these deranged animals don't think normal compared to the general population.

Pray for the innocents, Poor SOB wakes up to go to work and then gets shot all to hell because Mr Ken ain't-a-going follow no rules.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    My Prayers go out to all the innocents there.
    I guess it’s a 2 week wait on blood tox of the shooter. I wonder what they will find.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

One of the many articles mentioned the guy went in with his brother and some kids but I don't remember if they were his kids or his brother's kids.

- - - Updated - - -

"Williams subsequently fired a warning round before fatally shooting a store clerk, 47-year-old Noah Fischbach, who was married and was a father, one of the sources said."

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Of course he wouldn't do it. It's an excuse as old as time and makes me sick. The place is loaded with cameras and they'll have a hard time arguing video evidence.

And this is how all the damn riots happen. False damn narratives by people that weren’t even there. I hope the video shows the true nature of her *good son* and lets her know he is directly responsible for those deaths and his own....

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I would put money down that the shooter had been arrested multiple times, and the DA did plea deals for drug and firearm offenses.

That is the damn problem in New Orleans - no enforcement of the law.

Iancallahan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Houma
    And this is how all the damn riots happen. False damn narratives by people that weren’t even there. I hope the video shows the true nature of her *good son* and lets her know he is directly responsible for those deaths and his own....

Facts don't matter when the narrative is burned in your brain unfortunately.

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    I drive by there often and have stopped in, but haven't gone in a few months, so I don't know anyone there. Has anyone posted or reported the chain of events? Are there any known or suspected motives?

Did store policy play a role in what happened?

It’s been years since I’ve been to Jefferson Gun Outlet, so I don’t know what their policies are or if they were adhered to, but from what I am reading they have the same hard and fast rule as any gun shop——if you are carrying a loaded gun in a holster, that’s fine, but don’t touch it. At all. For any reason.

Dude came in holding a loaded gun and was told to go outside and clear it. I have no idea if the staff was nice about it, but I can tell you I’m not. In fact if someone walks in with a loaded gun they usually get told to leave and don’t come back until they have gotten some training.

Will this cause some gun stores to change their policies? Sure. Those things should always be evolving. But most shops actively work to prevent these issues.

We are a specialty NFA shop that works by appointment only, we have 4K cameras all around our building and catch every plate that goes up and down our street. We are watching people on camera from a half block away all the way until they pull in and walk up. If you get out of your car with a gun that isn’t cased we immediately know about it.

Gretna Gunworks screens people at the door.

Anthony is always watching folks as they come into the front door of Puglia’s.

And obviously the staff at Jefferson Gun Outlet spotted this dude the second he walked through the door and called him out.

Usually people that violate policy are stupid, not malicious. But stupidity can be deadly too.

I only think I met the clerk who was murdered a few times but remember him being a nice guy who really loved being in the industry. He did the things he was supposed to do but the bad guy won. That happens sometimes.

Gun shop customers moving forward need to be aware of how this impacts the mindset of the folks in the gun shop. Clerks will be on edge and rightfully so. A few very simple tips for an enjoyable and safe gun shop visit.

1) Carry guns should never be touched in a gun shop. Don’t unholster, don’t even rest your hand on the gun.

2) All guns that may be handled during the course of the visit should be completely unloaded and cased prior to leaving your vehicle with the weapon.

3) Prior to removing a gun from a case in a gun shop, ask permission from the staff. They may want to to remove the gun from the case themselves and check it as clear prior to you handling it inside the store.

4) Relax. Move slowly. Wait your turn and ask for permission before touching any firearm.

5) Never muzzle sweep anyone with any firearm, even an “unloaded” one.

6) It’s OK to enjoy your time at a gun shop but horseplay or pointing guns at your buddies or big talk about how tough the gun you are hold into makes you is just stupid. Don’t do it.

I don’t know what any of this means for Jefferson Gun Outlet or the industry as a whole, but it’s not good. This event has literally made international news and the timing couldn’t be worse. From both a litigation (I’m an attorney by profession) and legislative perspective, this is a total nightmare for the shop and the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    What? Who cares about the godless heathen shooter or his spawn, You know these deranged animals don't think normal compared to the general population.

Pray for the innocents, Poor SOB wakes up to go to work and then gets shot all to hell because Mr Ken ain't-a-going follow no rules.

I couldn't agree more wholeheartedly. I am just as enraged as I am sad for the loss of good people. I condemn people that lack the decency and respect for the world we live in. I will never understand the logic of it's okay to harm someone because you feel differently about something, abhorrent behavior.

Seadonist

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    River Ridge,LA
    If anyone does find about any type of funding campaign for Noah’s funeral or family, please post a link here on BS. Noah was a super nice guy and always displayed a positive attitude every time I was around him. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parsifal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2020
    New Orleans
    I didn't know his name, but he helped me pick one of my first handguns. He did his duty and paid with his life. This is so sad--and angering.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom