Shooting club around Bastrop?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    That's a long way from Bastrop.

There was a range out at the Bastrop airport, but I think it was shut down some years ago.

Your closest bet is probably the OPSO range off of New Natchitoches Road. They had some issues with a neighboring land owner, but I think all of that has been resolved. Call them and ask for Mickey Watts.

They're about the same distance from Bastrop. Google maps shows 31 miles to Prince and 34 to OPSO.

How long is the OPSO range? I believe Prince is 750 yards.

Savagenut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    West Monroe, Louisiana
    Thank you all for the response. I have used the OPSO range before and it is nice but only goes to 200 yds. I checked with Simmons sporting goods and he told me that range in Bastrop was by the airport but is now closed. Thats a shame as I heard it was 1000 yds. I have been to the range in Pioneer and it does have a 750 yd range as maximum. I live in West Monroe and it is a long way from my house. I also saw that there is a range in Ruston. I may have to use the Pioneer range and just limit my trips.
    Again thank you all for the help.

Savagenut

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Yeah, that Pioneer. The range is a little closer coming from Bastrop than Pioneer itself, but definitely a better drive from Bastrop to Monroe. (I sometimes travel through Bastrop to Monroe from my house.)

Svagenut,
    The Ruston range may be a better choice for you. Here is the web site. http://www.gunhavenranch.com/
    Looks like they have a 525 yard range.

Kisatchie

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Winnfield, La
    I am not far from monroe myself and I have also been to the Prince range, and have several buddies that shoot benchrest there quite often. They have a very nice set up and they hold benchrest matches out to 600yrds. There is also another range close by, it is located inside an old chicken house, this is an indoor range for Rimfire and they held the Regional ARA match there this past season. Sorry, I dont remember the name or contact info, but some of the nice folks that shoot at the Prince Range would know that info.

I want more information on the Ruston Gun range mentioned above. I could not get any contact info and this range is close for me. I would love access to shoot 525yd from a good bench. Anyone got mor information?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom