Shooting in Lafayette.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Yet another reason to avoid Lafayette. I will never understand why tens of thousands of people press together into a giant mass of humanity just to break into cars, drive without licences, and get shot. A complete ********. I will hunt wild pigs in knee deep mud in the palmetto bottoms in summer with water moc's on every step...and even armed the same, I wouldn't set foot in Lafayette anywhere.

lolololol It's a ridiculously safe city, Jack! Come by to LaFonda and I'll get you a delicious margarita, man!

::EDIT:: Annd I've re read and have seen where you've gotten it from. Made me laugh definitely.

Last edited:

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I loved living in Lafayette as a student. I lived around campus then moved to the Strip. Car was broken into down town at the train station late one night when I was working.

I felt safer in Lafayette than Baton Rouge any day. Lafayette has the rough areas around the tracks and hwy 90, but every city does. I go to the shady areas in lafayette aall day long and would think twice. I can't say the same for north baton rouge/ airline.

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    So I talked to my buddy who lives 2 streets over. 3 shots fired. 3 kids hit.

They weren't shot in their truck while driving by.

The 18 yo shooter was tired of having his truck broken into. I'll use context clues to guess that 3 15yo driving around past 1 AM weren't doing good deeds for the community and got confronted by the 18yo.

Anyone else ever heard of all passengers getting shot inside a moving car? Thats 1:1M odds. right there. Or some hollywood ****.

Was deadly force needed? No. But I know how the 18yo guys feels. I HATE thieves...

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    And to reinforce why I doubt one person tagged all 3 people in a moving truck, I'll leave this here. LAPD unloaded into a truck and hit one person out of 2.

I wonder if they used just handguns(Likely) is so, just how ineffective are handguns against occupants inside a vehicle?

All those holes and;

and Who the Frack was shooting the TAILGATE!?

:eek3:

130207-blue-truck-lapd-hmed-5p.photoblog600.jpg

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    My thoughts exactly dubshow. If I were a betting man I would bet one of the passangers returned fire from the truck and hit one of the other ones. I'm not saying the 18 yo couldn't have done it, but that's some extrordinary shooting for an ordinary young man. If these kids were trying to break in to these peoples home/vehicle, I hope they are charged with this kids death as well.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    yet another reason to avoid lafayette. I will never understand why tens of thousands of people press together into a giant mass of humanity just to break into cars, drive without licences, and get shot. A complete ********. I will hunt wild pigs in knee deep mud in the palmetto bottoms in summer with water moc's on every step...and even armed the same, i wouldn't set foot in lafayette anywhere.

+1 something we agree on

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I don't think it's hard to figure out if they were shot inside the vehicle, or outside the vehicle. There'll be some evidence to that fact on the vehicle. I don't think there's much need for speculation, as the truth will easily surface.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    So from what I've been piecing together from the news and tigerdroppings... it sounds like these kids may have been up to no good. The 18yo charged had his truck broken into previously. It sounds like he may have caught them in the act. Details really haven't come through on the circumstances of the shooting, but his sister has been talking to the news and reports sound like he was either "firing warning shots" or "trying to shoot the tires out."

Either way, it sounds like a bad shoot. These kids might have been up to no good, but this guy is probably going to pay for his poor judgement. Terrible situation all around. Property is not worth killing someone over...

More details may come out soon..

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    So he shot at the kids in their truck in his subdivision in South Lafayette.

Then drove to Bonefish, parked, and went to dinner at Another Broken Egg like nothing happened?

Never called it in to police?

Stupid kid... and he's not shutting up either - he's letting police question him and everything that happened apparently. Either he's dumb or doesn't think he did anything wrong.

Is there any substance to the claims those kids had been burglarizing the neighborhood multiple times before? Were they in the act of burglarizing anyone/anything that night?

I don't see this ending well for him. I understand his frustrations if they were people who'd been victimizing his family and his neighbors, but very, very, very poor execution.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I have no clue if this is correct, so consider it a question to any LEO's or lawyers

I've heard that charges could always be lowered (charged for 1st degree and dropped to manslauter) but not vice versa. Saw that on First 48 on A&E a long time ago, so like I said, I'm not sure if that is true or not. Anybody with knowledge care to elaborate or correct me?

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La

Then drove to Bonefish, parked, and went to dinner at Another Broken Egg like nothing happened?

Stupid kid... and he's not shutting up either - he's letting police question him and everything that happened apparently. Either he's dumb or doesn't think he did anything wrong.

Is there any substance to the claims those kids had been burglarizing the neighborhood multiple times before? Were they in the act of burglarizing anyone/anything that night?

I don't see this ending well for him. I understand his frustrations if they were people who'd been victimizing his family and his neighbors, but very, very, very poor execution.

After the shooting, his sister called the police to report the burlary. No officers responded when she called. The kid went to work at Another Broken Egg that morning thinking he just fired warning shots. The police came to their house later that morning to investigate the shooting, and subsequently picked him up at work.

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge

I reserve all speculations of guilt on both parties until all the info is released. He didnt hop in his truck and go eat at 2 AM. He was picked up at work the next morning.

Lets just wait for the investigation to come out rather than speculation.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    Yet another reason to avoid Lafayette. I will never understand why tens of thousands of people press together into a giant mass of humanity just to break into cars, drive without licences, and get shot. A complete ********. I will hunt wild pigs in knee deep mud in the palmetto bottoms in summer with water moc's on every step...and even armed the same, I wouldn't set foot in Lafayette anywhere.

With that attiude its best for you if you don't.

Top Bottom