Shooting in LaPlace Plant Parking lot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So there was an initial shooting of an officer at the parking lot, and the ensuing investigation led to the other officers being ambushed at the trailer court....is that what the rest of you are hearing???

Lord Almighty. Very sad....:wtc:

Last edited:

Walrus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Slidell
    So there was an initial shooting at the parking lot, and the ensuing investigation led to the officers being ambushed at the trailer court....is that what the rest of you are hearing?

That's what I heard the Sheriff say, yes.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    From the Conference:

There is a white car with with bullet holes on the side of the road near the parking lot. It's a DA investigator's car. He was shot and injured.

Tips of a speeding vehicle form that scene lead to River View Trailer Court where 2 officers were shot in an ambush style attack. Those are, apparently, the two officer who were killed.

This is from what I understand. It's still sketchy. I could have misunderstood.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Folks lets be REAL mindful that this is indeed close to home in many ways.

EDIT See above. As I was writing this I forgot to hit submit. When I did Bacon had already posted.

Last edited:

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Full update:

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19292402/2-deputies-dead-2-others-wounded-in-plant-parking-lot-shooting

LAPLACE, LA (WAFB) -Two sheriff's deputies were shot to death with an assault rifle early Thursday morning in what authorities are calling an ambush. Several suspects are in custody.
    Sheriff Mike Tregre of St. John the Baptist Parish said the two wounded deputies are in surgery. All four victims are deputies with the St. John Parish Sheriff's Office.
    Tregre said the initial shooting happened near Bayou Steel on LA 3217 in a Valero plant parking lot south of LaPlace around 5 a.m. A deputy was helping with traffic in the area when someone walked up to him and opened fire. The deputy is expected to survive.

Tregre said a witness called to report a speeding vehicle on the highway and deputies ended up at a nearby trailer park to investigate. He added two responding deputies were questioning two people about shooting when a third made his way outside through another door.
    Tregre said Brandon Nielsen, 34, and Jeremy Triche, 27, were then shot to death by that third suspect in what he called an "ambush." The names of the other two deputies were not released.

The sheriff said several suspects are in custody and there are no others on the loose. He said public safety is intact.
    "It's been a very difficult day," Tregre said. "I lost two good officers today."
    At one point, Tregre became very emotional about what happened. He asked for people to pray for his deputies and his department.
    Acadian Ambulance reported it transported a total of six patients. It is believed some of those were suspects in the shooting. The names of the suspects have not been released.

Valero Energy Corp. released the following statement:

This morning there was a shooting involving law enforcement officers providing security at an off-site parking lot used by contractors working at the Valero St. Charles Refinery. Valero employees offer their thoughts and prayers to the officers and the families of the officers involved in the shooting. Refinery operations have not been affected. The incident remains under investigation, and questions about the incident itself should be referred to local law enforcement. Any contractor who normally parks in the Montz lot should not report to work today. All other employees and contractors should report as scheduled.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom