Shooting in LaPlace Plant Parking lot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Sorry to hear that Psychic.

My condolences to your family.

I have a good friend with St. John S.O. but he's not answering his cell right now so I know he's swamped.

K9CopSGT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Lutcher, LA
    Brandon is my brother in law.
    My condolences, Psychic.

From the Police One Website announcement comments:
    Lord, today grant me victory over evil and those that wish to harm the innocent. Give me the courage to go where I am needed, the skill to perform my duties, the presence of mind to keep me aware of the peril around me and the fortitude to deal with the tribulations placed in my path.

If I am to face lethal force let my hand be swift and my aim be true. Guide me towards truth, honesty, integrity and help keep me true to my sworn oath.

Some of our brothers fell today at the hands of evil men. We seek guidance to bring lawful retribution to those responsible for these murderous acts.

We ask that you take up the brave souls of our departed to your care, heal the wounded, comfort their families, and shelter us in our time of sorrow.

joey9139122

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    From the Conference:

There is a white car with with bullet holes on the side of the road near the parking lot. It's a DA investigator's car. He was shot and injured.

Tips of a speeding vehicle form that scene lead to River View Trailer Court where 2 officers were shot in an ambush style attack. Those are, apparently, the two officer who were killed.

This is from what I understand. It's still sketchy. I could have misunderstood.

I don't know much about the roles of officers, but I was wondering why a DA investigator would be directing traffic. I am from st John and escaped. That parish has had a serious increase in trash over the last 10 years and I hope the parish can be turned around.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I don't know much about the roles of officers, but I was wondering why a DA investigator would be directing traffic. I am from st John and escaped. That parish has had a serious increase in trash over the last 10 years and I hope the parish can be turned around.

Scott works for the S.O. and his assignment is as an investigator assigned to the D.A's office.

I hope that clears it up.

JR1572

royd416

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Thibodaux, La
    If anyone hears about ways to help, please post immediately, ie. Blood drives for the survivors, donation accounts for the families of the victims and wounded etc. As I am sure many of us want to help these guys and thier families in any way we can. In the mean time I will be praying for them.

K9CopSGT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Lutcher, LA
    If anyone hears about ways to help, please post immediately, ie. Blood drives for the survivors, donation accounts for the families of the victims and wounded etc. As I am sure many of us want to help these guys and thier families in any way we can. In the mean time I will be praying for them.

Blood drive is being setup at River Parishes Hospital, but donations can be made at any Blood Center location in their names.

Edited to add: Blood drive being held at River Parishes Hospital Medical Pavilion, Suite 306.

Last edited:

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/st-...ld-in-honor-of-St-John-depties-166433256.html

Some more info on the blood drives:

River Parishes Hospital will host a blood drive in the Medical Pavilion Building until 4 p.m. on Thursday. They are located at 500 Rue de Sante in LaPlace.

The LaPlace Donor Center will host a blood drive until 8 p.m. Thursday. They are located at 123 Belle Terre Blvd.

St. John Sheriff's Office will host a blood drive from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday They are located at 1801 West Airline Hwy. in LaPlace.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.

working a detail

Top Bottom