Shooting in movie theater in Lafayette on Johnston street

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calcagno45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Gramercy, LA
    Well this one hit home for us. We have two family members who are among the wounded. One shot once & the other shot six (6) times. Both survived & will make complete recovery. Thank God that none of the 6 rounds hit vital organs, arties or bones. As far as the shooter goes I would have liked to personally make him suffer like no man has suffered before.

Sorry to hear this but good news on them making full recovery.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    In other news, Westboro Baptist Church is planning on picketing the funerals for the deceased from this shooting... Disgusting.

http://www.wbrz.com/news/westboro-bc-to-picket-funerals-for-lafayette-victims

WTF?!? For what reason?? These assholes need to die off and stop reproducing. I'd be fine with letting people beat the crap out of each and every one of them every time they went to protest. Every member of this "church" are among the most disgusting pieces of crap on this planet and I hope they are raped and killed by a gay muslim.

Last edited:

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    Heres hoping some good old boys take them on a tour of a swamp. I thing I remember hearing is the reason that they protest the way that they do, is that if something happens to them during their protest they sue the city or state for failing to protect them or censor them or something like that. Don't know if that's true of not.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I feel sad for the victims.

I had a lady at work today pipe up and say this is the reason I stay home and just buy movies to which I replied do you know how many home invasions happen every day then walked away as she sat there with her mouth open.

These knee jerk reactions and comments some people make are just....painfully ignorant and they are quick to stand on a soap box just to say something other than nonsense.

Prayers sent to the victims and survivors

Rm105629

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Houston
    The Westboro people are professional trolls. And, unfortunately, they're really good at it and make $$ through lawsuits.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well this one hit home for us. We have two family members who are among the wounded. One shot once & the other shot six (6) times. Both survived & will make complete recovery. Thank God that none of the 6 rounds hit vital organs, arties or bones. As far as the shooter goes I would have liked to personally make him suffer like no man has suffered before.

Man. Very sorry to hear this- but like said above glad they are going to be ok.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

I'm sorry your family members were hurt I will put them in my prayers.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Pretty sure coonasses from 3 parish's over will come in mass carrying BIG sticks

The WBC are reprehensible! But there will never be a more deserving bunch to be treated as you describe than the phony liberal media in this country! That stated, the fact remains, that even this very despicable bunch deserves every Right you and I do along with the phonies. As much as it disturbs me to say this, they are exemplifying the America that we all should be supporting!

Civil war emanates from the alternative!

Bayouhunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Opelousas

Very sorry to hear that. Glad at least that they came out of a horrible situation and are recovering.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Very noble, Fact remains is these people down here will bend over backwards to help someone, They also reserve the right to kick WBC ass out of their parish.

I don't want to be 'That Guy' that tells these people down here what they can or cannot do.

The WBC are reprehensible! But there will never be a more deserving bunch to be treated as you describe than the phony liberal media in this country! That stated, the fact remains, that even this very despicable bunch deserves every Right you and I do along with the phonies. As much as it disturbs me to say this, they are exemplifying the America that we all should be supporting!

Civil war emanates from the alternative!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Very noble, Fact remains is these people down here will bend over backwards to help someone, They also reserve the right to kick WBC ass out of their parish.

I don't want to be 'That Guy' that tells these people down here what they can or cannot do.

You don't have to tell people what they can or cannot do! You have to live your life as you would want others to live theirs. With the same liberty and freedoms! It sucks to know that we have so many people that hate traditional America so much that they would allow it to die without a second thought, but to follow the lead of the Founders is noble! To live and let live is noble! To put up with this hatred is necessary! To feel like you want to beat someone with a "Big stick" is part of that too!

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009

Sorry to hear this news Cajun Camper.

Peace, calm and prayers lifted for a full recovery for your family.

Dirty

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What is "gun school"?

Training

Original/First-Time Applicants:

In addition to meeting the qualifications in R.S. 40:1379.3(C), an applicant must demonstrate competence with a handgun by completion of an approved firearms safety or training course taught by an NRA or P.O.S.T. certified instructor that is registered with State Police, or completion of small arms training while serving in the military (as evidenced by a DD-214), [active service members, reservist and national guard members must include a clear photocopy of their military ID (front & back) with a copy of their last qualification record from their 201 file], or possession of a current valid license to carry a concealed weapon issued by a parish law enforcement officer.

Lifetime permit holders are required to complete refresher training every five years as required by LRS 40:1379.3.(V)(4).

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom