Shooting in Pierre Part this AM....Anyone know what's going on??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Isn't that the restaurant owned by the family of Troy Landry- used to be called Duffy's??

robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    If that's owned by the same folks as Landry's on the lake in New Orleans, the food is damned good. It sucks that the armed bystander couldn't help the waitress. Well, at least the shooter was stopped if he planned on taking out anyone else there. Hopefully he recovers quickly.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Second man pulled out a gun ans started shooting at the initial shooter????

Oh shitz, could be a CHP or OC to the rescue story!

Couldn’t have been an OC’er, this would have never happen b/c the exposed firearm on the law abiding citizen would have deterred all crime in the area.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The woman had a "protective order" against the ex-bf. The person who commented nails it: They aren't worth the paper they're written on....:dunno:

And who knows- maybe the other customer did stop it from being even worse. Who can predict the next move of a lunatic?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    And who knows- maybe the other customer did stop it from being even worse. Who can predict the next move of a lunatic?

That's the MAIN point we need to help others understand b/c if we don't this could go sour for gun owners in the lime light of the media.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Waguespack said the couple had a history of domestic problems and the woman had a protective order against her ex-boyfriend.

These things never seem to stop these a**holes or these tragedies!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Waguespack would not release the name of the armed patron, who the sheriff called a “good Samaritan.”
    Waguespack said there are no plans to book the man who intervened in the shooting.
    “What he did was in the defense of others,” Waguespack said.

Correct assessment of his involvement! Now if this can make it to the nationwide media in tact.

rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    after the 4th or 5th cop car passed my house i went out there. the links in this topic is pretty accurate as far as i have heard. except he ran to the woods then shot himself, not the parking lot. i been at my brother's house till just now and got lots of small town talk about the shooter.

WHAT I HEARD. the shooter just got out of jail from cocaine charges. and that would be the only semi reliable rumor about him. other rumors are pretty wild.

MRBULLRED

Psalms 27: 1-3
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    after the 4th or 5th cop car passed my house i went out there. the links in this topic is pretty accurate as far as i have heard. except he ran to the woods then shot himself, not the parking lot. i been at my brother's house till just now and got lots of small town talk about the shooter.

WHAT I HEARD. the shooter just got out of jail from cocaine charges. and that would be the only semi reliable rumor about him. other rumors are pretty wild.

Didn't he know its against the law for a convicted felon to be in possession of a firearm?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom