Shooting in Pierre Part this AM....Anyone know what's going on??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Then you may look the fool as you wish. No one attempted to attack you and no one is trolling. You made a blatantly incorrect comment, in direct contradiction to what has already been posted about the subject by people who have more direct information than you do.

Oh, and I'm sure I've seen Cats picture on Facebook so on that "lookin tha fool" part, you are definitely batting 1000...

Probably, I have a few floating around, one in a pink bayou shooter shirt on BS's facebook page. Tom Grisham has one posted and I know VATA group has taken a few.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    watch the language t buddy. i was talking about your little troll.

Why don't you give it a rest? He told you that you were wrong, he didn't slap your mother. You got your info from LE, he works directly at the crime lab so your argument that his info is less credible than yours is moot. Now you're attacking cat when she simply pointed out that lsp probably has first hand info, which I have no doubt he does.

rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    Why don't you give it a rest? He told you that you were wrong, he didn't slap your mother. You got your info from LE, he works directly at the crime lab so your argument that his info is less credible than yours is moot. Now you're attacking cat when she simply pointed out that lsp probably has first hand info, which I have no doubt he does.

i did give it a rest 20 minutes before you posted this.

Abh3vol.firemen

unskilled labor expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    houma,la
    i'm new here but this is the second thread thats got drama.why do people get offened?these forums are supposed to be about learning not fighting.if i come across like i'm attacking i dont mind apoligizing so i can become better educated.fighting should be done through p.m.ing if it's really that important.

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    Well, lets see if we can steer the ship back on topic. At what point will we find out the calibers used in this incident? I have been sitting here wondering how it could possibly be detrimental to any legal case if simply the calibers were posted. I haven't kept up with the case too much, but I thought I read that the CCW guy was not going to be charged, so again why would simply posting caliber be an issue? If it's just state/office policy, I guess that's fine, but if it is ultimately going to be public record, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I guess civil lawsuit is always possible, but I would imagine "caliber issues" would barely even make the radar there.

LSP from start to finish how long do you guys keep the weapon in a case like this if no charges are filed?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    LSP from start to finish how long do you guys keep the weapon in a case like this if no charges are filed?

This is a question I've often wondered about, myself. I suppose there's no easy answer to this and it would depend on many different factors in the case.
    But let's say in the case of an elderly person on limited funds, perhaps. They use their only handgun in a legal self defense shooting. The weapon is taken from them while the investigation is carried out. This would leave them at greater risk due to lack of personal protection for, say, a revenge attack or seperate incident altogether. I wouldn't use the arguement of "well, nobody would risk attacking them after it's known they already shot someone.":rolleyes:

I wouldn't bet my life on that. Not a realistic assumption at all in my opinion.
    no.gif

Yeah, I know this scenario does NOT apply to 99.99999999% of us here- as most of us are "gun people"- but let's face it, guys, not everyone out there is. As hard as it is for me to imagine the very thought of only having one single firearm around- I have known some people where that was exactly the case.

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Its not up to us. LE agencies submit evidence to us with specific requests for tests, processing, etc. Once all that is done, and the report is written- and the time involved depends on what we have to do, and where in the stack (and what priority) said evidence is- we notify the submitting agency to come get their stuff, because we need the room in the evidence vault.

IOW, the crime lab cannot release ANYTHING back to an owner; the submitting agency must initiate the process.

You are correct in that caliber rarely "makes the radar" (at least in regards to criminal aspects and/or charges), but I've been too busy eating donuts to post them.

Must still be living the single life. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom