Shooting on S. Claiborne and S. Carrollton..just another day in NOLA.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ninja

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    New Orleans
    Driving up to the intersection of S. Claiborne and S. Carrollton I hear gun shots and I see cars in front of me running the red light. I look over and there are 2 black males running away from the intersection very quickly and another black male trying to get into a moving dark grey Nissan Maxima/Altima that had a few bullet holes in the passenger window. All the while some Caucasian women is screaming out the top of her lungs out of the backseat window of a Honda Element at the black male trying to get into the Nissan. It was scary stuff since this was happening only a few yards away from me and me not carrying since I was coming back from the doctors.

What is more interesting is, I saw everyone at the bus stop on that corner run and/or scatter after the gun shots, but there was one begger on the same side of the street who stood there and was begging for money as if nothing was going on. He actually got some too while the person who was trying to get into the nissan was escaping/running away. For the BS Member who lives close to that intersection...Be safe man.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    And yet another story about black males involved in a vilolent street shooting....I'm getting so bored reading all these. Could somebody find a story about caucasian males shooting up the town?

Good luck

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    And yet another story about black males involved in a vilolent street shooting....I'm getting so bored reading all these. Could somebody find a story about caucasian males shooting up the town?

Good luck

How about the ones in southeast Texas who chained a black man to the back of their truck and drove off until his body disintegrated?

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I live a half block from that Walgreens across from Palmer Park. I could see everything going in the front door of that Walgreens. Sitting in my Porch/backyard (brick wall enclosed) I heard 6 shots. I rushed everyone inside,unholstered my G19 and called 911.....that was the extent of it for me. NOPD took over a few minutes later.

Ninja

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    New Orleans
    I live a half block from that Walgreens across from Palmer Park. I could see everything going in the front door of that Walgreens. Sitting in my Porch/backyard (brick wall enclosed) I heard 6 shots. I rushed everyone inside,unholstered my G19 and called 911.....that was the extent of it for me. NOPD took over a few minutes later.

Cujo, I was thinking about you. I was pretty much in front of your place when the shooting started and I just missed getting hit by the Nissan.

And yeah, I know these are getting a bit much, but eh, I thought it was interesting since this is the closest I've been to a shooting in a few years.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Here are the homicide statistics for East Baton Rouge Parish from 1990 to 2008 and please note these statistics are for the whole parish not just the inner city limits.
    1,454 homicides occured in the parish. Of these victims 1220 were black, 221 were white and 13 were either hispanic, asian etc....
    Of those committing the murders roughly 90% were black and roughly 10% were "non-black" meaning caucasian, hispanic, asian, desert dwellers etc..etc.. So the percentage of "whites" committing murders is less than 10%.

And another "fact", and I know I'll catch "hell" for reporting this but facts are facts.

The overwhelming number of murders committed by "whites" were crimes of passion not random acts of insensible violence because someone looked at someone the wrong way or someone wanted your new pair of Air Jordans.
    They usually invovled a relationship gone bad and the victim was the spouse or the one cheating with the spouse. I'm certainly not insinuating that these murders are justified in any way I'm merely stating that most of the time when "whites" commit a murder at least in their mind there's a good reason for doing so.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport

Good luck

I have seen shootings by blacks, whites, and asians reported in my town. This is just a bad place to live in that regard any way you slice it. That said, black/black crime does seem to be the most prevalent looking at the statistics.

MyBabyDaddy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    What is more interesting is, I saw everyone at the bus stop on that corner run and/or scatter after the gun shots, but there was one begger on the same side of the street who stood there and was begging for money as if nothing was going on. He actually got some too while the person who was trying to get into the nissan was escaping/running away.

LOL.:rofl:

How about the ones in southeast Texas who chained a black man to the back of their truck and drove off until his body disintegrated?

You talking about the one in Paris Texas ? That happened what , 4 years ago? Or maybe you're talking about the one in Jasper back in the nineties.:squint:

Either way, it aint exactly "lately" , now is it?

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    He's referring to the infamous Jasper, Texas case that happened around fifteen years ago. About two months ago Texas finally executed one of the three losers responsible for the killing.

MyBabyDaddy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    The poster did not specify, "Lately", now did he?

He did ask for someone to point out an example of white men shooting up New Orleans, and you brought up something that happened close to 15 years ago , 300 miles and 5 hours away. Why? Just to show that , sometimes, white people carry out violent acts against blacks , somewhere in the US?

OK. It happens. You know what happens much, much more frequently? Blacks murdering blacks..... and blacks carrying out violent acts against whites. Those things have happened lately. Collectively, young black men are not the victim of white people. Get over it.

ejt1469

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    but facts are facts.

The Color of Crime: Race, Crime, and Justice in America
    Second, Expanded Edition, 2005

http://www.colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.html

[h=3]Interracial Crime[/h]
    • Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
    • Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
    • Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
    • Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Interesting, thanks for the posting, wonder how those stats changed between 2005 and 2011? I'm guessing "the times they are a changing"....for the worse.

Top Bottom