Shooting Snakes in Neighborhood

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    I have one of those inexpensive rough Rider 22 revolvers and the CCI rat shot is pretty effective up to 10 feet in it. It's not too loud either.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    y8e6u6um.jpg
    the right shot

5e3ajyje.jpg
    crimped cartridge

ejaputu3.jpg
    less effective in my experience

u9ugegeh.jpg
    effective enough for snakes... But made for a rat

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    7a4ybagu.jpg
    these will work.
    On the walk home from an evening bow hunt, I took a nice rabbit from at least 10 feet from the muzzle with this. Aimed at the head with a high standard "Double Nine". Yes, rabbits are easy to kill, but a snake's head is very soft. I've killed too many snakes with Ratshot at safe distances for anyone to convince me it's not effective.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    7a4ybagu.jpg
    these will work.
    On the walk home from an evening bow hunt, I took a nice rabbit from at least 10 feet from the muzzle with this. Aimed at the head with a high standard "Double Nine". Yes, rabbits are easy to kill, but a snake's head is very soft. I've killed too many snakes with Ratshot at safe distances for anyone to convince me it's not effective.

Yep- excellent point. I've used the Winchester crimped and prefer that style over the CCI....Those little blue "gelcaps" are kind of delicate- and that tiny shot goes everywhere. :dogkeke:

Might not seem like much to some- but fire one into a paper plate at 8 feet and it's pretty clear they're bad medicine for serpents.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Yep- excellent point. I've used the Winchester crimped and prefer that style over the CCI....Those little blue "gelcaps" are kind of delicate- and that tiny shot goes everywhere. :dogkeke:

Might not seem like much to some- but fire one into a paper plate at 8 feet and it's pretty clear they're bad medicine for serpents.

so it would be effective against a paper snake?
    Snake - Jayde (2).jpg

:dogkeke:

saint451

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Hammond
    attachment.php

These my 38spl shot I make and shoot in a S&W Model 10. Never shot a critter, yet, had no reason to, but will penetrate large juice cans at 12ft. They do destroy paper zombies so I am positive it will destroy the infamous paper snake! I use 6-9 shot.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    How in the hell did I miss this gem? :rofl:

God damned work gets in the way of everything! :redfinger:

You're late to the party, Sir!
    Beware of the dreaded Paper Moccasin. He doesn't leave two holes when he bites- but is capable of producing a really nasty small incision. :awais:

230px-Oww_Papercut_14365.jpg

(Like we don't already have enough to look out for in the October woods, already....:doh:)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You're late to the party, Sir!

I'd say so!

If anyone on here is a reality show producer, this forum would be a smash hit. And I am going on record right now, to say that if some one does produce it and it becomes the funniest reality show in the history of tv, I am claiming the idea as mine!

And I'm gonna want to be compensated handsomely!

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I'd say so!

If anyone on here is a reality show producer, this forum would be a smash hit. And I am going on record right now, to say that if some one does produce it and it becomes the funniest reality show in the history of tv, I am claiming the idea as mine!

And I'm gonna want to be compensated handsomely!

Yep except no computers, just 14,000 of us in one 6 bedroom house in a secluded area. I got dibs on the sofa bed.

Top Bottom