shopping for a belt. recommendations?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    My other belt is dying after 3 years of daily use and is literally on its last leg. It's time to shop.

Criteria:

ccw IWB sufficiently (g26)
    be business-casual appropriate ideally - if not, ill buy 2 belts.
    price irrelevant.

Which belt(s) would you buy?

I've been recommended the 5.11 maverick assaulters belt because the cobra clasp is small enough to fit through belt loops, but i dont think its going go work for the office. I may pull it off with dressy jeans and a button down shirt or something, but it won't be appropriate day to day. I really like the cobra buckle though- I'm a fan of unique and/or nontraditional. I'm equal parts in office/out of office so this is a toss up.

ccw with an RM holster, iwb, which I highly recommend by the way.

Belt Recommendations?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I placed an order with Ares Gear for a Ranger belt two weeks ago. I'm hoping it's everything it's cracked up to be. I'm switching from a 5.11 Operator belt. I just really hate Velcro lol.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I like those 5.11 ones. Give us a review if that's what you go with. I got a ranger belt not long ago, and it's really nice, but kind of a pain to get on and off. The clip doesn't fit through most belt loops.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    5.11 had a 40% off promo recently. Not sure if it's still going on

just my luck. lol

Ordered the 5.11 arc leather in brown, if its as good as claimed I'll order black as well and toss the rest of my belts.

- - - Updated - - -

I like those 5.11 ones. Give us a review if that's what you go with. I got a ranger belt not long ago, and it's really nice, but kind of a pain to get on and off. The clip doesn't fit through most belt loops.

yeah thats why I was looking at the "maverick" option, they shortened it to fix that. Otherwise i really like that style for anywhere other than the office

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    yeah thats why I was looking at the "maverick" option, they shortened it to fix that. Otherwise i really like that style for anywhere other than the office

Yeah, it looks "cool", just not office-friendly. I've gotten compliments on mine before when I've had it on with my shirt tucked in. Let us know how the 5.11 one is.

calcagno45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Gramercy, LA
    just my luck. lol

Ordered the 5.11 arc leather in brown, if its as good as claimed I'll order black as well and toss the rest of my belts.

Cancel that order... the coupon code is still active. Use "511FAMILY" for 40% off, i just check and it works.

EDIT: no longer valid

Last edited:

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    Ares aegis enhanced is what I wear everyday with my 19. Liked my tan one so much I gotvanother in black.

We keep them in suck if anyone wants to put hands on

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    FYI been wearing it daily since I got it. Goes great with jeans and a button down, "casual dressy" - goes well with slacks and a polo as well. This belt + my RM holster make my G26 invisible, even if I only wear a T-shirt and jeans. I've never had ccw so comfortable or concealed, its just incredible.

The finish on the belt is far nicer than the pictures on web would lead you to believe.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom