Short Barrel Shotgun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aherring1983

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    My next project is a SBS, I need some advice from SBS owners on here, I currently have a bare bones tactical Remington 870 pump with the 18.5 barrel on it, I would be looking to shorten the barrel either about 1 inch past the mag tube or just flush with it, has anyone performed this modification and if so how is the patterning with it, I know being a pump there's no FTF issues really to worry about.

Thanks Again.

Last edited:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I have also been wanting a SBS to add to the collection. After doing a lot of research I have pretty much decided to buy a factory 14" 870. They are readily available and then you don't have to worry about engraving it or anything.

bwalke1

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    i had one done with the barrel cut just past the magazine tube. put a modified choke in it so it would hold all buckshot in the 2 point ring of a P1 target at 25 yards. it works great. it was done by a guy in BR that is no longer in business. but basically it's just a rem 870 with a cut barrel. i put some ghost ring night sights on it. it's fun to play with and with a pistol grip it fit perfectly in the saddle bag of my harley.

aherring1983

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    My one main thing over buying a factory SBS is that I already own one mine that's just setting in the safe so I wouldn't be forking out more cash that I could put towards another NFA item, and my gun shop only charges 50.00 to do the engraving for me.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I sent two barrels off to a guy on AR-15.com some time back. I need to find his name and info because I have another that needed to be done. He shortened them to my specs and re-threaded for remchokes.

If I find it I'll post here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom