short barreled side by side 12g

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    So I've been watching too much tv lately and I've decided that I want a little short barreled side by side 12 gauge. Nothing fancy, just a little ass buster. I've already got a side-by-side with a butt stock that needs to be repaired so I'm going to use it as my donor. The forearm might need some modification too.

So before I start sending off forms I figured I would ask the experts about it. How short should I go? Is this a horrible idea and a waste of a decent shotgun? Should I stop watching TV?

It wouldn't be my only stamp, Its really just for shits and giggles more than anything else.

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    Like this!

DOUBLE.BARRELED.SHOTGUN.JPG

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I believe you can only build an AOW on a fresh receiver so he'd have to go SBS>

the cost to build is the same ($200) so it wouldn't matter.

Yep. just did a quick look-see and was coming back to add that. wasn't sure if by altering the stock to basically be somewhat like a pistol would affect how you "papered" it.

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    Someones been playing MW2 too much. :rofl:

You're a liar if you haven't thought the same exact thing!

truth be told I don't even own an xbox, but I have seen the little ass buster in action on the game.

I've had this damn gun laying around for a few years now and I keep saying i'm going to do something with it and we all know how that goes... so why the hell not. could be fun, right? Who wouldn't want to shoot it?

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    I just realized a fatal flaw in my plan... If I send in the paperwork for this little guy, then when I go to shorten it the barrels are going to be off left and right.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Is this because of recoil?

I already have the gun I want to use, and it just happens to be a 12 gauge

Yes. Buddyy of mine Makes and sells the little 3 shot pumpguns which are similar...

He has had them int he rental range etc...

12 won't be used.

20 will.

Your paying $200 for the stamp. JMHO you'd be better off buying one in 20.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Why not just chop the barrel down to 12ish inches, and shorten the stock 3-4"??

That would get you a super short OAL, and not make it a pain in the ass (or hand) to shoot.

Unless you're dead set on wanting a hand cannon, I'd atleast leave SOME of the stock on the back for shoulder support ;)

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I agree with Nomad & Quickdraw22.

If you're going to cut it down to that (pistol grip), go with the 20. If you're going ot stick with 12 just cut a few inches off of the stock but leave it shoulder friendly.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    12 gauge pistols are brutal The angle of the grip has a lot to do with it , just no good way to hold on

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    12 gauge pistols are brutal The angle of the grip has a lot to do with it , just no good way to hold on

I couldn't agree more. Less fun to shoot that the S&W .500 IMO. From a damage it's causing to the tendons on my hand every time I pull the trigger point of view only, of course.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    I just stumbled across this video while looking for something completely different.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwwv7AZaXCI&feature=channel"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwwv7AZaXCI&feature=channel[/ame]

and this is the one that got me there.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvF4yurWSc0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvF4yurWSc0[/ame]

Top Bottom