Should Boston bombing suspect get a Miranda warning?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should Boston bombing suspect get a Miranda warning?

• Yes

Votes: 41 71.9%
    • No

Votes: 16 28.1%

• Total voters

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Is he a US citizen?
    Yes.

Is he in the Armed Forces?
    No.

UCMJ has no bearing here. The only way to legally try him Without totally shredding the constitution is to send him through the civilian justice system.

There shouldn't even be a debate on this.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I'm going to throw this out there:

I don't know exactly what's going on with all of the inner workings of this investigation, but I would Mirandize him when questioning him.

With that being said, at the time of the apprehension, not Mirandizing him and asking him if they're more explosives or any other questions that need to be answered immediately at that time due to legitimate public safety concerns should not be a problem and the information obtained from those questions should be admissible.

What do you guys think?

JR1572

Last edited:

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I'm going to throw this out there:

I don't know exactly what's going on with all of the inner workings of this investigation, but I would Mirandize him when questioning him.

With that being said, at the time of the apprehension, not Mirandizing him and asking him if they're more explosives or any other questions that need to be answered immediately at that time due to legitimate public safety concerns should not be a problem and the information obtained from those questions should be admissible.

What do you guys think?

JR1572

They're going with the public safety concern for not mirandizing him yet. Which, I can understand. But they need to do it soon, and avoid asking him questions Not related directly to public safety. I hope they don't screw this up after Trying to get him into a military court and failing.

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    They're going with the public safety concern for not mirandizing him yet. Which, I can understand. But they need to do it soon, and avoid asking him questions Not related directly to public safety. I hope they don't screw this up after Trying to get him into a military court and failing.

What does it take for someone to be qualified as an enemy combatant. I know the Chechens aren't at war with the us, but does what he did constitute an act of war? Just asking.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Maybe the question should be,
    "Should Sleeper Cell Terrorist be treated like US Citizens when they finally attack the US"?

If he was part of a Sleeper Cell, should he receive all benefits as American Citizens do?

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    "Should Sleeper Cell Terrorist be treated like US Citizens when they finally attack the US"?

If he was part of a Sleeper Cell, should he receive all benefits as American Citizens do?

No.

I don't think this 19 year old was anything but influenced by his brother and his hateful interpretation of his religion.

He should be given his rights as an American citizen. Once it's ok to deny rights for x, it's ok in someone else's mind to deny rights for y.

Times and opinions change. Our rights should not.

And don't fall victim to the left's rhetoric. Most of all, don't use their arguments and language.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    And don't fall victim to the left's rhetoric. Most of all, don't use their arguments and language.

To be clear, I speak my own mind. I'm not using anyone's argument or language.

I'm just wondering what people think about Terrorist Cells and their operatives when dealing with their attacks.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I would say Mirandize him at the time he was taken into custody prior to any questions being asked but the Alphabet Agencies play by their rules.

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish

Exactly! Just because they were granted citizenship for whatever reason. They are foreigen terroists that came here to hurt America! Period!

They didnt want to be Americans. Thier citizenship was just part of the process to reach thier ultimate goal that was played out in Boston.

They hate America and do not care about being and American citizen so they sholud not be treated as such!

Last edited:

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    Exactly! Just because they were granted citizenship for whatever reason. They are foreigen terroists that came here to hurt America! Period!

They didnt want to be Americans. Thier citizenship was just part of the process to reach thier ultimate goal that was played out in Boston.

They hate America and do not care about being and American citizen so they sholud not be treated as such!

That being said...

I do believe there is a slippery slope with these things and if they tweak the laws this time. They can surly do it again. And maybe next time the man in the chair wont be a foreign terrorist, but you or me...

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River

There is a standard not just to protect our rights but also to prevent rogue law enforcement. And that standard must be held to the highest review less human nature will have a negative effect in the law. History proves this.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Yes. It would be horrible for him to get off on a technicality!

On the down side finding him an impartial jury is going to be difficult after the last week's media circus.

The real problem of catching these terrorist alive is that other groups are going to use him as a rallying point. We'll probably have more incidents soon and they'll demand his release in exchange for hostages.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom