Should have shot him when he pulled the gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Pregnant mom wields gun against burglar

MOBILE, Ala. - Don't mess with an expectant mother who's armed with a shotgun. That was a lesson learned by a suspect accused of breaking into more than a dozen cars and homes over the Labor Day weekend.

"I was awake, my baby was kicking me. I heard what sounded like a potato chip bag ruffle. I knew someone was in the house," Randi Fairley said.

It was about 4:00 in the morning in West Mobile, when Fairley said she saw the suspect at the bottom of her stairs.

"He was about to grab my computer, my laptop was sitting there. I asked him what he was doing in my house," she added.

She said the suspect walked toward the back. At six and a half months pregnant, Fairley said her instinct was to protect her family. Fearless, she grabbed a shotgun and looked for him.

"I was just really mad he was in my house. I wanted him out. I wanted my stuff back. I was really angry when I saw my truck had been gone through," Fairley said.

She said she found 18-year-old Justin Delhomme outside and confronted him.

"He finally admitted he broke in. He had a cooler he was pulling next to him. I wanted to go through it and he pulled a gun on me, I told him, 'You need to put that away before I shoot you, because mine is bigger,' and he put it back in his pocket."

"A patrol officer was actually in the area writing up a vehicle burglary, when he actually heard the discussion going on in the victim's front yard," Officer Christopher Levy with the Mobile Police Department said.

Police arrived, arrested Delhomme, and confiscated his cooler.

"They had recovered a number of items from a cooler including a gun, a large amount of money, some medication, drug paraphernalia and purses," added Levy.

That wasn't the only area the suspect hit. Police said he burglarized several homes and cars in the Regency neighborhood.

"Most of the cases, he entered into unlocked doors of vehicles and residences," said Levy.

Police said they cleared 13 burglary cases involving Delhomme. Fairley said even one case is too many, and hopes the suspect will now change his ways.

"I hope he can straighten his life and they do something to help him. I don't want to see him sent to prison. I hope he gets some help," she said.

Police said they still have several unclaimed items from the burglaries over the weekend. They're asking for any other victims to come forward.
    thumb_1252626562387_0p9961968376426464.jpg
    http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/Pregnant_Mom_Wields_Gun_Against_Burglar

:)

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    He must be insane pulling a gun on someone holding a shotgun on him. When he did that she could have legally blown him away. Not to mention she is a pregnant woman. She could always use the temporary hormonal insanity defense.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    He must be insane pulling a gun on someone holding a shotgun on him. When he did that she could have legally blown him away. Not to mention she is a pregnant woman. She could always use the temporary hormonal insanity defense.

If their laws are like ours, she had legal right to use deadly force as soon as as he tried to (and then did) entered her home.

Top Bottom