Should they have been let inside to shop ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    ...and this is part of why I hate this time of year. So much BS over a day that differs in no way from those surrounding it on the calendar, yet it puts a cramp on everything.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I'll bet that manager ain't gonna be a manager much longer. What a dick.

Your joking right ?

Customers are mouth breathing morons. He has the right to shut the doors any time he chooses. Fricking dumb asses should not be out shopping at the last min if it was that important to them. Failing to plan is planing to fail.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Your joking right ?

Customers are mouth breathing morons. He has the right to shut the doors any time he chooses. Fricking dumb asses should not be out shopping at the last min if it was that important to them. Failing to plan is planing to fail.

Agree. CLOSING time is 2000hrs. Not "Get in the door by 2000hrs and dick around until 2100hrs".

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    ...and this is part of why I hate this time of year. So much BS over a day that differs in no way from those surrounding it on the calendar, yet it puts a cramp on everything.

Really- differs in no way?

You'd have really loved the blue laws. :bowrofl:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Your joking right ?

They advertised they closed at 8:00. Customer gets there at 7:40. What if he only had one thing to get and could have been out by 7:50? Like the guys said, if they wanted everyone in by 7:30, they should have announced that ahead of time. It's not like they showed up at 7:59.

And if I owned a business, I'd rather my employees stay a few minutes late than potentially lose a lot of customers after my manager is filmed being a prick and making a personal decision to close the doors early.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Really- differs in no way?

You'd have really loved the blue laws. :bowrofl:

Yes, I think they are stupid. Legislated morality/tradition is BS. Especially considering that it discriminates against other belief systems with just as much claim to legitimacy--perhaps more-so--than religious groups that hold Sunday in observance.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    They advertised they closed at 8:00. Customer gets there at 7:40. What if he only had one thing to get and could have been out by 7:50? Like the guys said, if they wanted everyone in by 7:30, they should have announced that ahead of time. It's not like they showed up at 7:59.

And if I owned a business, I'd rather my employees stay a few minutes late than potentially lose a lot of customers after my manager is filmed being a prick and making a personal decision to close the doors early.

Wal-Mart don't care. It just takes...what it wants.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Stopping shoppers from entering a store 30 minutes before closing time is perfectly normal when the store is already crowded.
    Closing time is when all shoppers are out the door and employees actually go home. Security is normally present at the big box stores during holidays and emergencies to enforce this.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Your joking right ?

Agreed. Inconsiderate people. I was a bag boy at a grocery store when I was in HS and the store closed at 800PM. There was a lady who frequently would walk through the door at 750 PM to buy two full buggies of groceries. At times we didn't get out until 830-840. My hat is off to the manager looking out for his employees.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Stopping shoppers from entering a store 30 minutes before closing time is perfectly normal when the store is already crowded.
    Closing time is when all shoppers are out the door and employees actually go home. Security is normally present at the big box stores during holidays and emergencies to enforce this.
    Oh, no! A cop. Must be a thug just waiting to enforce his "closing time" on citizens! :rofl:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Agreed. Inconsiderate people. I was a bag boy at a grocery store when I was in HS and the store closed at 800PM. There was a lady who frequently would walk through the door at 750 PM to buy two full buggies of groceries. At times we didn't get out until 830-840. My hat is off to the manager looking out for his employees.

+1

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Perhaps the volume of people entering the store necessitated a cutoff time, guys.

I'm sure the employees there wanted to go home & be with their families rather than spend an extra hour clearing the store of folks who waited until zero hour to do their shopping....

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central

You can't compare this to what you'd do if you had your own business.
    In this case the manager had his employee's best interest before making another dollar. Bravo for him.

The customer is NOT always right. In this case, they in fact were little bitches. On Christmas Eve no less. What fine upstanding citizens you've got right there. Well worth making your employees stay later than they should have to

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I feel no sympathy for these morons trying to get in the store last minute. Props to the manager looking out for his employees (although he was probably more concerned about his Christmas party).

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    You can't compare this to what you'd do if you had your own business.
    In this case the manager had his employee's best interest before making another dollar. Bravo for him.

The customer is NOT always right. In this case, they in fact were little bitches. On Christmas Eve no less. What fine upstanding citizens you've got right there. Well worth making your employees stay later than they should have to

I agree. The customer was being a dipshit about it, IMHO.

Both he and his boyfriend should've shut their mouths, left, and gone to a friggin' Walgreens. :chuckles:

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Your joking right ?

Well said Sir

Close Wal-Mark PERIOD now thats my wish for 2012

Should not be Tail wagging the Dog IMHO.

Even though I'm by no means a Wal-Mark fan, their employees deserve the same respect as the inconsiderate last minute shoppers, to get off promptly and spend time with their family's.

Hell Christmas has been December 25th for as long as I remember so how can you need to last minute shop??? LOL

Last edited:

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T

WOW

I was under the impression MANAGERS Managed???

The above comment defines you Sir that's for sure:}

Peace be with you.

Top Bottom