Should torturing be legal?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should torture be legal?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 77 70.0%
    • No

Votes: 33 30.0%

• Total voters

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Not that the absolute truth is very popular, but here it is:

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

We are all going to the same place, and we all have the same option to get out of that.

I thought the same thing when I read that post. You beat me to it. Not that I'm thumping or anything. :D

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    I think torture should be legal but only for terror suspects. I don't mean like cutting off fingers and stuff. Just things to mentally and physicaly breaking down a suspect so they could hopefully give up information that will save thousands of american lives.

owen502

Don't Ban Me Bro
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    What happens in (insert ******** country of the world) stays in (insert ******** country of the world). That's my take on the torture. Why any of us know about any of it is a mystery to me.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    What happens in (insert ******** country of the world) stays in (insert ******** country of the world). That's my take on the torture. Why any of us know about any of it is a mystery to me.

I cant believe they have reports and pictures of it as it shouldn't happen or exist;)

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    I think Bush and the others around him knew full well the torture was illegal, and that it was necessary to prevent another 911 type incident. Which apparently it did in Los Angeles. They knowingly took a hit for the country, the consequences be damned. They asked, in the words of Pres. John F. Kennedy, what they could do for their country, and the answer was extract info from known terrorists no matter what. Of course there is risk of abuse in that policy. But the risk of another catastrophe was an overwhelming consideration. Like George Washington said, in wartime, one must sometimes do the opposite of the very things being fought for. Even if members of the Bush team are convicted in this matter, a presidential pardon somewhere down the line would be in order for each and every one of them.

If anybody is guilty of an offense, President Barrack Obama is guilty of treason for releasing state secrets last week concerning the nature of interrogation methods used by the CIA.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    I think Bush and the others around him knew full well the torture was illegal, and that it was necessary to prevent another 911 type incident. Which apparently it did in Los Angeles. They knowingly took a hit for the country, the consequences be damned. They asked, in the words of Pres. John F. Kennedy, what they could do for their country, and the answer was extract info from known terrorists no matter what. Of course there is risk of abuse in that policy. But the risk of another catastrophe was an overwhelming consideration. Like George Washington said, in wartime, one must sometimes do the opposite of the very things being fought for. Even if members of the Bush team are convicted in this matter, a presidential pardon somewhere down the line would be in order for each and every one of them.

If anybody is guilty of an offense, President Barrack Obama is guilty of treason for releasing state secrets last week concerning the nature of interrogation methods used by the CIA.

holy crap. be afraid, very very afraid. i actually agreed with the entire typed text you just posted. i quoted it so you cant change it to "i hate cops" or some stuff.

what did they stop in LA?

jlong

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Prairieville, La
    What do you classify as torture? Cutting off head, and things of that nature, or Water Boarding? If you think Water Boarding is torture, then hell yeah, if you wanna just start dropping bodies from a chopper, well that's okay to. Would you torture someone if they could help you find your kidnapped children? Just make it personal, then you should have your answer. Is someone else's life worth more to you than your family? In my opinion no. **** with my family, and die a slow horrible death, very slow, very horrible.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Why don't you ask John McCain if he thinks torture should be legal?
    Here is the thing, if you say its justified for us to torture an enemy, for whatever the reason, then you can't bitch when they do the same. So next time they saw some guys head off, remember you are FOR TORTURE....

i was trained to not surrender, because if you did, you WOULD be tortured. this was before the internet and you could report someone sawing your head off to a moderator though.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Why don't you ask John McCain if he thinks torture should be legal?
    Here is the thing, if you say its justified for us to torture an enemy, for whatever the reason, then you can't bitch when they do the same. So next time they saw some guys head off, remember you are FOR TORTURE....

I don't bitch about what they do. I have no control over it

please, i think most would agree that sawing some fools head off is far removed from torture by any definition. Killing them is not the point. But maiming them for life I can see. taking them to the brink of death ? You betcha

Should torture be legal? Absolutely not!

To those that answered yes: Would you kill a child if you thought those actions would save 10,000 other lives?

dang Jim loaded question. But my short answer is yes. Even to Manimals version. For the greater good. Could I do it ? I'd like to think so if the info I was operating under was believed to be the truth

I'll go further and state that there should be NOTHING we wouldn't do to win. foreign Citizens should be terrified of our forces.
    The media should be kept the **** out. No exceptions

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Torture exists right now, here in the USA!
    I'm married so I experience it daily!

Now truthfully,
    Isn't it splitting hairs when we say one form of torturous interrogation is legal but not another?

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Torturing an admited terrorist that vowes to attack us and has knowledge of cells and attacks in the planning stages is fine by me. Am I going to tell my Goverment that? NO

Am I going to question the guy doing it? No

Am I going to question the lawyer that decided it was legal? Probably not.

American citizens however, no way no how no matter what they did.

Enemy soldier and terrorist, its war, game on.

wrecker704

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Hammond,La
    HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just think of how many of our men were tortured dy germans and japs and don't forget vc. I don't believe in the killing by torture. If it can save one life then go for it. Anyway who said the media could have the info????? they are the ones that need to be tortured, they just trying to make the Bush admin look bad. nothing was ever said about clinton bombing an asprin factory. why make a big deal out of torturing some terrist if it will save AMERICAN lives. oh yeah we the public shouldn't know about such things,but we know it takes place.

Takuan

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    NOLA
    According to many former CIA guys (and others who claim firsthand experience on both sides of the equation), torture (like waterboarding) just doesn't work... people will say anything they think you want to hear, so not much value there.

So that only leaves torture as a means of exacting vengeance.

From a legal standpoint, most forms of torture (including waterboarding) are outlawed by the Geneva Convention. At the behest of the United States, those who engaged in torture (waterboarding included) during WWII were prosecuted... notably Germans and Japanese.

As for those who say Constitutional guarantees don't extend to non citizens, an argument can be made that they should... that seemed to be the view expressed by the majority of Founding Fathers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom