Should torturing be legal?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should torture be legal?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 77 70.0%
    • No

Votes: 33 30.0%

• Total voters

Takuan

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    NOLA
    Well, you definitely didn't learn logic, debate, or reading comprehension during your studies.

Well, in addition to straw men and goalpost moving, I see you've added ad hominem attacks to your arsenal... not a particularly compelling argument.

So your assumption that "we" apparently do not have any sort of education when it comes to Constitutional law is patently false

Oh dear. I seriously doubt any of our Founding Fathers ever resorted to such infantile interjection during their Constitutional debates.

Takuan

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    NOLA
    You guys are missing his point.

He's already intimated that he's older and wiser than us and thus we should bow down in respect to his resume...............

Older? Probably.

Wiser? Admittedly, this is doubtful.

As for my resume, I tore it up when I started my own business. :D

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Well, I dont believe that torture should be legal for the government, that is too dangerous, IMO. Also torture is not always effective, sometimes innocent people are tortured...and its just not good.

But this business about how the founding fathers were for constitutional rights applying to non-citizens...I am very curious as to what leads you to believe this?

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    Well, in addition to straw men and goalpost moving, I see you've added ad hominem attacks to your arsenal... not a particularly compelling argument.

Oh dear. I seriously doubt any of our Founding Fathers ever resorted to such infantile interjection during their Constitutional debates.

Oh dear, still an inability to answer basic contradictions to your "argument." (I put arguments in quotes because it's difficult to define what yours truly is.)

But don't worry, I wasn't expecting one. You are just like most people who spout forth opinions with nothing to base them on... when confronted with a valid point, it is simply easier to ignore it than answer it. Since you are apparently incapable of having an actual discussion on something, I won't be attempting to do so again. I will, however, continue to heckle and make fun of you.

dashzero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Why can't you come to baton rouge? It's the capital of Louisiana, not New Orleans. The founding fathers travelled much further. Oh, I eat lunch once a week in New Orleans. Politicians are all about arguing not debating, according to the definitions of each.

And I still think your phone is stupid, if it isn't a 3G iPhone. The iPhone is inferior to the 3G iPhone. It has gps to get to baton rouge

jlong

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Prairieville, La

No they had a ****ing duel of some sort if you called into question their honor, fortitude, or morals. They were a different breed of people, it's not even fair to compare any one of us to any one of them.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    You KNOW what cracks me up ? Every once in a while, someone comes along on the retard net who acts dumber than me.
    So I'm still waiting for you to back up your statement, though we all know you'll never do it because you don't have the ability to do so.

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA

No they had a ****ing duel of some sort if you called into question their honor, fortitude, or morals. They were a different breed of people, it's not even fair to compare any one of us to any one of them.

A duel? Today? They're so PW'd that Dick Cheney saying FU to Leahy a coule of years back sent them all into convultions.

jlong

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Prairieville, La
    I was talking about our Founding Fathers. In response to the line I quoted, above my post. These people had respect for one another, because they knew if they called into question their character there was a good chance, they would be called out. Honor, and respect meant something then, it is something that is long gone today.

Takuan

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    NOLA

It's true that Aaron Burr shot Alexander Hamilton. But if memory serves, their duel had nothing to do with any sort of disagreement over the Constitution.

Technically, I suppose it's inaccurate to say either were Founding Fathers, but were there other FF duels?

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    I was talking about our Founding Fathers. In response to the line I quoted, above my post. These people had respect for one another, because they knew if they called into question their character there was a good chance, they would be called out. Honor, and respect meant something then, it is something that is long gone today.

Oh, I understood that you were talking about the founding fathers. I was just making a comparison with how babyfied our Floundering Fathers are today.

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    It's true that Aaron Burr shot Alexander Hamilton. But if memory serves, their duel had nothing to do with any sort of disagreement over the Constitution.

Technically, I suppose it's inaccurate to say either were Founding Fathers, but were there other FF duels?

Maybe their duel wasn't, but there are plenty of records with accounts of the electoral group beating the crap out of each other over disagreements. I'm sure if you dig around enough you'll probably find a few duels, too.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    You KNOW what cracks me up ? Every once in a while, someone comes along on the retard net who acts dumber than me.
    So I'm still waiting for you to back up your statement, though we all know you'll never do it because you don't have the ability to do so.

What ? :rofl:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom