Should torturing be legal?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should torture be legal?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 77 70.0%
    • No

Votes: 33 30.0%

• Total voters

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    i have an idea. how about EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD ADD THIS TO YOUR SIGNATURE:
    As for those who say Constitutional guarantees don't extend to non citizens, an argument can be made that they should... that seemed to be the view expressed by the majority of Founding Fathers.

please back up this statement.
    that way he HAS to read it, until it is answered.... ill start.

jlong

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Prairieville, La
    That quote coming from men who owned Slaves, and wouldn't let women vote, and a commoners vote only counted a portion to what an educated mans vote was. Oh! **** they don't teach those facts in school though. Oh! then there was the poll tax, to keep the poor people from voting. All in all I would say pretty much all men, were more like the educated land owners, but okay.

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    then why did the indians get **** on? the blacks? the english?

guys?

Because life isnt fair. Because people are inherently bad and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Because people in power didnt like them. Who knows. I answered the question everyone has been asking.

The founding fathers stated their belief that all men were created equal. Whether or not people have been treated that way in America has nothing to do with what they thought.

Before you reply to anything else, I would like to know if you are satisfied with the proof I gave of the founding father's ideals. The whole "ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL" line I threw out there. I believe the precursor to that statement was "WE HOLD THESE TRUTHS"

Last edited:

jlong

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Prairieville, La
    Read what I posted about the founding fathers, and you should have your answer. They weren't equal then, and aren't equal now. Why I have higher scores in school, and apply myself harder then alot of my peers? We were equal right, and how come if all are equal, don't all women take it IDB?

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    Read what I posted about the founding fathers, and you should have your answer. They weren't equal then, and aren't equal now. Why I have higher scores in school, and apply myself harder then alot of my peers? We were equal right, and how come if all are equal, don't all women take it IDB?

What page?

The "CREATED" part is key. Not everyone is equal, but we were all created that way.

Im not getting into the torturing argument, just trying to answer the question about the beliefs of the FF's based off of their words.

jlong

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Prairieville, La
    The last post on the 13th page. I may agree that we are created equal, but that is as far as it goes. Everyone is by no means equal.

I argue that with myself sometimes though, I think some people were born ODB.

Last edited:

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    What page?

The "CREATED" part is key. Not everyone is equal, but we were all created that way.

Im not getting into the torturing argument, just trying to answer the question about the beliefs of the FF's based off of their words.

so they said " all men are created equal, unfortunately, a vagina, or the tint of their skin makes them inferior, to my white male land owning ass"

where was that at?

Takuan

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    NOLA
    Well, it seems stirring the pot a bit can actually lead to something interesting around here.

Despite being a "retard," I'll offer the following:

While Burr and Hamilton were active throughout the Revolutionary War era, neither really came to prominence politically until well after the establishment of the Republic. Of the two, Hamilton would certainly have the greater claim to being a Founding Father, since he actually was a delegate from New York to the Constitutional Convention. But after proposing a centralized Federal government structured similarly to Britain's, and being soundly rebuffed by the other delegates, he sort of picked up his marbles, stormed out in a huff (or minute and a huff), and went home to practice law. Thus, he wasn't there for most of the deliberations. He did return to sign the document, though. I don't believe Aaron Burr had any part in those proceedings.

I guess I'd regard Hamilton as a Founding Son, and Burr a Founding Cousin, but perhaps I'm splitting hairs. What can I say... I was an art student, for heaven's sake!

As for the other statement I've been called upon to defend, I suspect my answer will likely not satisfy (though, given that I'm a "retard," maybe one or two of you will cut me a little slack). Anyway, here goes:

When the Founding Fathers (along with Founding Sons, Cousins, Second Cousins, not to mention Founding Hangers On) determined the time had come to establish an independent nation, they first drafted the DoI... this was the instrument of political separation from Britain, but it did not establish the basis for law. The Constitution, drafted much later, did become (and still is) the basis for our law. What they did was truly revolutionary, and largely unprecedented. Far from the European status quo, they set out to create a nation governed by the rule of law, and not by the arbitrary whims of yet another "divinely-appointed" king or prince. My surmise is that they knew (or at least had some sense) that they were setting an example for the world to follow (as many countries have, though the French Revolution didn't exactly turn out so well).

For those of us living in the present day, I believe it's up to us to CONTINUE setting an example, so when we ignore our own Constitutional principles when dealing or treating with non citizens, we WEAKEN the very principles we claim to be defending. That, in turn, tends to pull the "moral high ground" out from under us like so much cheap carpet, and our status in the world is diminished. I, for one, would rather stand by our principles than sink to the ignominy of those who so despise liberty and freedom of conscience, thank you very much.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    But you don't think that the founders would want the non-citizens to become citizens, thus truly supporting the ideology, philosophy, and the nation itself?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom