Should you do fingerprints at LSP in BR? YES!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    So I took the class February 4th. Did my fingerprints at the LSU HQ in BR on the 6th or 7th. Then today, the 21, I checked my mail and saw my PERMIT. That's two weeks COUNTING weekends! My thanks to LSP's Concealed Handgun Permit Unit.

Get your fingerprints done there and let them check out your packet. Super friendly and hassle free. Any my Crossbreed holster was SUPPOSED to be here today (wait time of only 3 weeks from order), but USPS decided to not deliver it for whatever reason (was home all day waiting).

My buddy sent his out on the 6th using regular paper prints. I will update when he gets his so you will have an idea of the time difference.

**Update on my buddy who sent his in the same time using paper prints and the wonderful mail system

He just got his on April 5... showing a wait time of 60 days. So for a trip to BR you're getting it approx 40 days sooner than you will by mailing it in. Depends on how patient you are, but for me, the hour drive was worth it to save so much time. Go to BR!**

EDIT: Got PMs requesting this info:

Louisiana State Police Headquarters
    7919 Independence Blvd.
    Baton Rouge, LA 70806

The fingerprints are $10.00 (but free if you're active duty military with ID).

Then you have the $125 application fee. An additional $50 if you have not lived in LA for the past 15 years.

Each has to be a separate cashier's check/money order (NO CASH).

If you have to pay the extra $50, you can do 1 cashier's check for $175, but fingerprints must be separate. I got there at 10am on a weekday and was in and out in 20 minutes. The ladies are super nice and look over everything to make sure it's all good. Good luck!

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Congrats! LSP's permit department definitely has their **** together.

And USPS doesn't come today because it's Mardi Gras. :p

ETA: Wait...so your mail DID come? I'm confused. We got no mail here today.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Hmm. Maybe not. I was out of town until last night and didn't check it until tonight. Maybe it came yesterday? Either way... LSP is awesome

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Some friends went to LSP for prints recently and had a 2 1/2 hour wait. I hope they receive their permits in short order after that wait.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Some friends went to LSP for prints recently and had a 2 1/2 hour wait. I hope they receive their permits in short order after that wait.

Once I went and they had a huge wait due to some teachers fingerprinting thing that was happening. I went back another day and had the usual 15 minute wait.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    So I took the class February 4th. Did my fingerprints at the LSU HQ in BR on the 6th or 7th. Then today, the 21, I checked my mail and saw my PERMIT. That's two weeks COUNTING weekends! My thanks to LSP's Concealed Handgun Permit Unit.

Get your fingerprints done there and let them check out your packet. Super friendly and hassle free. Any my Crossbreed holster was SUPPOSED to be here today (wait time of only 3 weeks from order), but USPS decided to not deliver it for whatever reason (was home all day waiting).

My buddy sent his out on the 6th using regular paper prints. I will update when he gets his so you will have an idea of the time difference.

First of all, congrats on getting a permit. Secondly, LSP must be getting better in that department. Wait used to be a lot longer.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Exactly. In days past they would have huge groups come in unannounced, and it caused chaos. My wife, with the backing of the captain who is over the whole deal, has pretty much broken that ******** up; now they have to make an appointment, and extra staff is brought in to handle the normal daily load.

Good to hear. I have been there when they were flooded with teachers and glad I was not being printed.

Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    So what days are they open, what hours. How to pay? And does anyone have a address I can put in my GPS so I can head that way tomorrow :)

cajun1948

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I live in the Alexandria area and had my prints done at APD and thought they were good enough but when I got my papers back they suggested I go to BR and have mine done electronically because mine were not clear enough so to save time I should have gone to LSP in Baton Rogue, well I did go and got my permit within a couple of weeks....:bravo:

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    I know this may be noob question, but can one go to any local troop unit and get this done? I live in North Louisiana and Troop-G isn't too far from me. I figured they needed my prints for AFIS, but what else would they need them for? My prints and information is already in that database. ;-p

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Most are mailed in as very few will take a day off from work and fight the traffic in order to save a few days.
    I have carried a CHP since they started in La. and the USPS works for me.

bsramzy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    prairieville
    wife and i both went to headquarters on March 12 and turned everything in. The lady checked over both our applications and even made another copy of our drivers license cause she thought they were too blurry.

Top Bottom