Shoulder holsters?!?!?!?!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'm looking for the best feeling options when it comes to a shoulder rig. I have always been an IWB kind of guy, but the sport coat that I'm wearing now days poses a problem when it comes to drawing. So I'm looking for everyone's opinions on their' s. Thanks in advanced.

Oh, and I'm not looking for cheap. I'm looking for good and comfortable.prices don't scare me. I just want to know I'm getting what I'm paying for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    I have a cheap gun show rig, but I rarely wear a suit or shoulder rig. It works and is very comfortable. Might be worth looking at if you have a long lead time on a nice rig.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I tried the shoulder holster option, but the problem is that you are then essentially limited from taking off you coat. Have you tried a tuckable holster with an ulticlip that can clip behind your belt?

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I tried the shoulder holster option, but the problem is that you are then essentially limited from taking off you coat. Have you tried a tuckable holster with an ulticlip that can clip behind your belt?
    I won't be taking off the jacket. I'll be in "professional" attire from the beginning of my duties to the conclusion of the day. This would be the reason for getting one that is comfortable as well as functional. The IWB tuckable isn't going to be an option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I have 2 rigs both Miami Classic {Jackass rigs} with tie downs One is fir 226-228 Sigs But fit S&W 3rd gens.And the other is 1911. Both fit well.
    I think they are the standard for that type of carrying
    Someone gave me an older one for the sig that is a Lefty. They did not want it. Said in case I ever used it. Be better to carry 2 guns same kind than extra mags.
    Guess I could get a white jacket and have Don Pick me up in 1991
    I have never used any of it but did try it on is comfortable and balanced tied down.
    The purpose for I was to use them in the woods with a sidearm instead of on the waist.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cherry-Bandit
    Top Bottom