Side by Sides

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Picked up a rzr 570 two years, only issues ive had are self inflected lol On another note they are super cheap to rebuild if need be, and easier on parts then bigger bikes. Its by no means a speed demon, but it goes everywhere my friends 900 and 1000s go and usually with less trouble because of the tighter turning radius.

I'm afraid that I will want more out of the 570, I'm kind of a maniac when it comes to the stupid pedal. I have read some mixed accounts how the 570 stackes up to an older 800. You own one so what do you think? I would like to save a couple thousand I'm betting close to three if I catch it right.

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    The 570 and 800 are neck and neck on power. Both lack that "put you in the back of your seat" power. It sounds like you need the 900.

Tweek

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    madisonville, louisiana
    When my bike was stock it would run side by side with a 800 rzr till about 50, it was plenty peppy in tight trails but lacked a little on the long straight a ways. Now its on 32" tires and only thing I've outrun is a pioneer 500 lol

dmiii

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I have the Polaris Ranger 800 and my buddy has the Ranger 900. I have abused my bike to say the least, it has held up for 6 years. All mechanical failures are do to abuse and pushing beyond it's intended use!! Lol My friends 900 is quieter and overall nicer sxs. I have no experience with the 570.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    When my bike was stock it would run side by side with a 800 rzr till about 50, it was plenty peppy in tight trails but lacked a little on the long straight a ways. Now its on 32" tires and only thing I've outrun is a pioneer 500 lol

I dont care so much for running wide open in the straights but setting me back in the seat and having the throttle to hammer down and get over an obsticle.

Having the power to do the obligatory 4 wheel burnouts is a must. :rofl:

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    You won't find anything used that is worth a crap for 7K. I have had a Commander and currently have a RZR. Both are great machines and fun as hell. What do you plan on doing with it? Work, play, mud, sand? You can get a brand new base RZR for around 10-11K if you shop right.

I forgot to ask the other day which do you like better? The Commander or RZR? And why? There are different things I like about each as I also see some differing drawbacks. The commander is nearly a foot longer (drawback) but also seems wider in the seats (plus). The bed of the commander accepts seats better than the razor. The razor has insane wheel travel (two thumbs up) the Commander is still has great travel only slightly smaller.

The main purpose is to have fun with my wife and 3yo, so it will likely get a jump/bump/hump seat for couple years. And likely a back bench once the squirt is too big to ride in the middle.

Last edited:

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    The commander 1000 is a powerhouse. The power compared to the 800 is not even close. I loved the commander, but I primarily did the mud riding thing. It turns out the commander had the power, but it was too heavy compared to the RZR. The RZR will go anywhere, but doesn't do it very quickly.

Commander Pros
    Powerful
    Comfortable
    Dump Bed

Commander Cons
    Heavy and big
    4wheel drive not as good
    Hot cockpit
    Clutch is junk

RZR Pros
    Light and nimble
    4wd is awesome
    Wheel travel is good for anything
    Will go anywhere

RZR Cons
    Built Cheap
    Lacks in power
    Bearings, seals, tie rod ends are junk

Tweek

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    madisonville, louisiana
    Can am guys get upset if you talk about the 3 wheel drive lol Whats scares me is the sounds the can am from diffs make when it eventually tries to spin both front tires. +1 on the polaris crappy bearings, heard they last alot longer if you stay out the deep mud though.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    The commander 1000 is a powerhouse. The power compared to the 800 is not even close. I loved the commander, but I primarily did the mud riding thing. It turns out the commander had the power, but it was too heavy compared to the RZR. The RZR will go anywhere, but doesn't do it very quickly.

Commander Pros
    Powerful
    Comfortable
    Dump Bed

Commander Cons
    Heavy and big
    4wheel drive not as good
    Hot cockpit
    Clutch is junk

RZR Pros
    Light and nimble
    4wd is awesome
    Wheel travel is good for anything
    Will go anywhere

RZR Cons
    Built Cheap
    Lacks in power
    Bearings, seals, tie rod ends are junk

Can am guys get upset if you talk about the 3 wheel drive lol Whats scares me is the sounds the can am from diffs make when it eventually tries to spin both front tires. +1 on the polaris crappy bearings, heard they last alot longer if you stay out the deep mud though.

I had one and I was one of those guys who got upset about it. I didn't realize how crappy it was until I rode in a Polaris.

So what I'm hearing is buy the ceaper built but superior designed RZR and deal with the tighter seating arangements.

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    It's all about what you plan on doing with it. For my needs the RZR worked better. Personally I would go ride both of them at the dealerships and decide off of that.

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    For Polaris you can't beat the prices and service of ATV Zone

For Can am I would probably check out Gator Power. DO NOT go to Outdoor Powerhouse in Denham (formally Calmes). They are crooks, and their service is the absolute worst I have ever seen.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    In LA, atv is the place for best prices, usually. I got mine in new roads, 10 minutes from the house for a couple hundred cheaper than atv zone. My cousin tried both places and atv zone was cheaper by 1200. Bar non best prices is bama buggies but about a 5 hour drive.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Also wait for the tax free weekend in september, saved me almost 1200 on mine.

I deffinately thought about that, but JBE put the nix on the hurrican supplies weekend. Naturally a lefty will likely stomp on that one too. I hear there are some places in Mississippi that aren't registered here that don't charge sales tax, so that may be an option too. I think I'm going to try to make it up to atv zone this weekend to do some test driving.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Alfred92
    Top Bottom