sig 2022

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Never shot one, but I have handled them a bit and sold a few in the past few days. They seem pretty nice, but like I said, I haven't fired one. They seem like a pretty popular alternative to the Glocks and XDs.

joshuades

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Have a 2022 in .40. About 1500-2000 rounds down the tube and can't say anything really bad about it. It feels comfortable, controls and operation are just like the SIG P series if your familiar with the way those operate (except for to take it down, that more closely mimics a 1911). The trigger is classic SIG design, with about a 9lbs double action pull and a 4lbs single action pull and feels akin to a two stage trigger in a rifle (if you get the standard trigger). I put a recoil buffer in replacing the spring guide and spring, and that has made a world of difference with the way it handles (not only does it have the SIG high profile where the slide is concerned, the slide is also stainless steel and has some heaft to it when cycling). Don't think I'll want to give it up any time willingly.

That being said, if you have the money, the SIG P229r would probably be a better option if you can spring for one. They are within an ounce of each other in weight (2022=22oz, 229=23oz). They are roughly the same dimensions (enough to where I bought a holster for a 229r to put this gun in before holsters really became available). The 229 has an all alloy frame and the slide grooves run the legnth of the slide (making the frame to slide fitting more robust). If you have your heart set on a 2022, though, you won't be making a bad decision.

Top Bottom