Sig 320 or CZ P-07

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    Long story short; I'm in the market for a new handgun. It's probably a toss and an unusual way to approach a question... But I kind of narrowed it down to two handguns I want. Sig 320 or CZ P07(new model). Which one would you recommend? Have you had a chance to shoot both? Thank you everyone for the input.

(Also like CZ 75 SP01, but it's out of reach financially for the moment. But then, there is Canik P120. Argh.)

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The CZ P-07 and the Sig P320 Compact are the same size. You may want to decide which trigger type you prefer as the CZ is hammer fired and the Sig is striker fired.
    Bruce Gray has been and continues to work directly with Sig on improving the P320. I do not own either pistol but I am interested in the P320. Hard to go wrong with either.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I just got another Accushadow last week, I love my Cz's, but my next purchase will be a P320. Got to handle a couple and although I will send mine to Bruce Gray for a competition work over, the stock gun should suit you fine. The gun is easy to take apart and there is lots of accessories to personalize it. Bruce will soon have a drop-in trigger kit should you choose to get a lighter pull. The gun handles great and is accurate out the box. The trigger pull isn't as good as a Walther PPQ but darn close, and I prefer the way it fits my hand better than my PPQ, HK-P30, and a friends VP9.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    I'm more of a DA/SA kinda guy, just a preference thing...and I'm a CZ guy, so you can guess my answer. ;)

BTW, you can send your P07 to (or buy one already modified) from Cajun Gun Works for some upgrades.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    What is the bore axis difference between the CZ and the Sig? For *me* that would be a big deal. Maybe not for anyone else, but it is for me.

I just picked up a tactical SP-01 and that thing is phenomenal. Planning to take it to the next Tangi IDPA event in March.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    I'm dumping my full sized 9MM P320 - as soon as I can buy a P320 45 tactical with threaded barrel and raised night sights. These guns work great! Accuracy is excellent and function is perfect (in the gun I have, anyway).
    I'd hold both of them (or shoot both if given the opportunity) and buy the one that feels the best to you. You are welcome to shoot mine if you come to the IPSO range.

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    Hdfinder47, it's an extremely generous offer and I appreciate the opportunity. It would have to be a special trip for me (one that would require planning) due to my traveling from Livingston parish. Thank you.

What will most likely happen... I'm going to eventually purchase all three :) sp01, p07 and p320. One at a time. We all know once you get into this "hobby", it's like an addiction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom