Sig MPX

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Anybody playing with them? Just picked one up today. Planning to submit form 1 this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corey d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Louisiana
    I have one. I have the SBR stamp already and the can should come out of jail in a few weeks. I ordered the telescoping stock 7 months ago, and i just got the shipping notification yesterday. I also had the barrel cut to 4.5 inches.

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Sexy sigs.jpg

Yep I borrowed my friend's MPX and shot with my Tirant 9. Totally awesome firearm. Runs like a top. He had the TAC-CON trigger in and it was truly incredible. If I didn't have a 556xi swat Russian already I would have picked one up. I would go folding stock SBR for sure. He was waiting on his stamp to come back as well. The shockwave blade worked great on it though!

Last edited:

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    They don't suppress well, generally overgassed.
    The barrels are also generally to long so I have had probably 100 in at this point for a recut to 4.5" and 1/2x28 thread. Its a solid built gun but very heavy once fully fitted, the collapsible stock they make is solid. Mags I still think are somewhat hard to get.

Had some problems early on with full auto guns I converted eating up hammers because of a geometry problem in the gun, doesn't seem to happen now.

Cronus4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    NOLA, LA
    Interesting to hear they don't 'suppress well' as most owners I've talked to don't have any issues with the MPX suppressing. Are you maybe talking about select fire MPXs?

- - - Updated - - -

This is mine, complete... Actually, I have a micro T1 on it now.

1493514_1353618891331057_8126440768772663941_o.jpg

That's a nice looking sub gun!

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    I shot a customers integrally suppressed. It was nice!

Pretty sure this is the company that did the conversion:

http://innovativearms.com/portfolio/smpx-sig-mpx-integral/

Yes they are one of the few people doing them and do a good job at it, but it still ultimately leaves you lacking again by the engineering behind the gun. That and porting barrels ultimately gimps you on your selection of ammo you use because now everything is subsonic. Same problems the MP5SD has and Sterling MK5, if you shoot 147gr ammo it slows it down tremendously. If you shoot 115gr ammo it slows it down to subsonic. So yea its cool the gun may sound good but you basically at the end of the day have a glorified SMG in .380 acp.

Interesting to hear they don't 'suppress well' as most owners I've talked to don't have any issues with the MPX suppressing. Are you maybe talking about select fire MPXs?

I guess you missed the part where I said generally overgassed. Which correlates to having a lot of excessive blowback in the gun. Its the same problem the kriss vector has. Really lightweight bolt which is compensated by very aggressive spring. Rule of thumb is if the gun shoots faster it probably suppresses worse.
    The action on the MPX and piston system is such that the action has unlocked before the bullet makes it out of the barrel or suppressor, same as a few other sub guns. So for people to say they perform well shows me they really have no idea what they are talking about.

Top Bottom