Sig P226 Elite Stainless

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    Anybody have one or shot one. Just looking for some feedback. I looked at one today and really liked it. I looked at the X-5's too but damn that are proud of X series.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    'fan,

Have "played" extensively with one of these while living in Houston. AWESOME blaster with Sig reliability, accuracy, et al. Only thing I did not like, and this was somewhat minor, is the beavertail. Just not necessary imo but of course, YMMV. It does have more weight with that stainless frame, but I like my pistols on the heavier side anyway so I didn't consider that a negative. As a HIGH positive, much easier to maintain and clean rather than the Nitron finish. To me, that is the only Achilles heel to a Sig. Never have had one, and I've owned many, that didn't wear rather quickly. Especially considering the expense they command new.

Just my .02. If you like Sigs and don't mind the weight, you'll love it. I will add that this was a friends gun, shot it pretty much weekly, but never used it for CCW.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    appreciate the info. This will not be a carry gun so I am not worried about the weight. I had a P228 back in the early 90's. It was a fantastic gun. I may pull the trigger (no pun intended) on one this week.

jailhouse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    the 226 is a great gun you will not be unhappy with it. both my dad and brother own one, I personally own the 229 in the 40 cal great carry pistol and great shooting pistol

Top Bottom