Sig p226 mk 25

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    I've been looking at the SIG P226 MK25 or the P226 Combat with the threaded barrel and I'm wondering what makes these pistols better than a glock? What are the pro's and cons of a cheaper glock to a sig. The pistol would only be used for target practice. I really like the way my Beretta 92 fits in my hand. Plus I like the DA/SA. Anyone own a P226? I've handled a glock and liked the lite feeling but never fired one.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    You can now purchase a new Sig 320 for a little more than a Glock. The Sig 320 is lightweight and is striker fired similar to a Glock.

Item Number 320F-9-BSS, 320F-40-BSS
    Caliber 9mm, .40 S&W
    Action Type Striker Fired DAO
    Trigger Pull DA 5.5 - 7.5 lbs
    Trigger Pull SA NA
    Overall Length 8.0 in / 203 mm
    Overall Height 5.5 in / 140 mm
    Overall Width 1.4 in / 35.5 mm
    Barrel Length 4.7 in / 119 mm
    Sight Radius 6.6 in / 168 mm
    Weight w/Mag 29.4 oz / 833 g
    Mag Capacity 9mm 17 Rounds, .40 S&W 14 Rounds
    Sights SIGLITE® Night Sights
    Grips Interchangeable Polymer
    Frame Finish Stainless Insert
    Slide Finish Nitron®
    Accessory Rail Yes
    Features Quick and safe take-down with no tools or trigger manipulation required, Double-Action striker fire operating system, SIGLITE® Night Sights

Last edited:

bonewagon

Carbon Sasquatch
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Jeff Davis Parish
    I have had a Sig P226 in 9mm since 1990. It is West German made and would never get rid of it. I also have a Glock 17 Gen 1 in 9mm and a Gen 3 Glock 23C in 40 S&W. All of them are great guns. I couldn't compare the Glock to the P226 Sig as they are different types of pistols. The ergonomics on the Sig P226 is excellent and it is outrageously dependable. The feel of the Glock is entirely different, but I also like them as they are also outrageously dependable. My advice to you would be to get the SIG and then get a Glock. Can't do wrong with one of each. I currently have a Sig P220 in 45acp and would not get rid of it either. Which ever you pick, you can't do wrong. Again, I would suggest one of each, but I just love guns. Good luck.

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I had a glock but sold it for a sig because I like them more. I like the trigger better, the feel better in the hand, and I like the DA/SA with decocker. They are heavier but I don't mind that at all. I want a P226 combat TB soooooooooo bad!!!!!

oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    I wish I could get the 226 combat I've got close to $1,000 in Cabelas gift cards but I don't think Cabela's carries the 226 combat. only the 226 MK25. I'm sure I could get a threaded barrel for the MK25.

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    I've been looking at the SIG P226 MK25 or the P226 Combat with the threaded barrel and I'm wondering what makes these pistols better than a glock? What are the pro's and cons of a cheaper glock to a sig. The pistol would only be used for target practice. I really like the way my Beretta 92 fits in my hand. Plus I like the DA/SA. Anyone own a P226? I've handled a glock and liked the lite feeling but never fired one.

I like grip of the P226. As you are most likely aware, the MK25 and Combat have phosphate internal parts which is very nice and the Combat comes with a hard chromed barrel. These two models do not come with the short reset trigger unfortunately. I used to have a Sig 226 with the SRT and I plan on buying another one. I will not buy a Sig without the SRT knowing what I know now. The single action trigger with the short reset is outstanding. If you like DA/SA trigger systems, you will love the SRT. I recently purchased a M11-A1 that comes with the SRT and the phosphate parts. If only the Combat or MK 25 came with the SRT.....

SigGuy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I own many glocks and Sigs... I carry my glocks because they are lightweight and reliable, but I am really more partial to my Sigs. I use an MK25 and 229 for HD because I love the feel, balance, and trigger. They are both inherently reliable and both serve a purpose in my rotation. I am actually thinking about getting rid of my HK USP's and replace them with the 228 and 220... That would round out my Sig P series lineup haha.

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    I own many glocks and Sigs... I carry my glocks because they are lightweight and reliable, but I am really more partial to my Sigs. I use an MK25 and 229 for HD because I love the feel, balance, and trigger. They are both inherently reliable and both serve a purpose in my rotation. I am actually thinking about getting rid of my HK USP's and replace them with the 228 and 220... That would round out my Sig P series lineup haha.

Have you looked at the Sig 227 models? The grip is nice.

DthunderUSA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    Lafayette, LA.

I wouldn't really compare the two guns side by side. They are two completely different animals. That being said, they are both animals.

The Sig you are looking at is a very reliable firearm. It comes with Night Sights. It also has anti-corrosion coatings on all the internal parts as well as a Nitron finish on the slide which will help water and less than favorable conditions. The coating is very resilient. MSRP $1166.00

The Glock 17 Gen 4 is about as close a comparison as you can make and is also a very reliable firearm. The Glock 17 has a process used to treat the slide called Nitriding. It's not so much a coating but rather a process used to treat the metal. This is also very resilient. Glock comes standard with black rear sight with a white lined cutout and a white dot for the front sight. It also comes with a round indicator on the right side of the slide just behind the chamber. A nice feature to have. MSRP $649.00

There are 3 main differences between a Glock 17 and the Sig P226 is the following:
    1. Sig is - DA / SA Hammer Fired with a de-cocking lever, and Glock is - DAO Striker Fired
    2. Grip Angle - The Sig hand grip is more of a right angle to the barrel, and Glock was developed to have a little wider grip angle from the barrel.
    3. Aluminum Frame with Grip Choices of thickness and width and the Glock 17 Gen 4 with a few grip choices mainly just thickness from front to back but not many width choices.

I have both of these guns and love shooting both of them. I grew up on the Sig 226 and I shoot this very comfortably. I purchased the Glock 17 about a year ago and have been shooting this more and more. I find that I have to "push" the front sight up when I shoot it. This is because I have shot the Sig 226 for so long, my natural point of aim is conditioned for that grip angle. You may find that the price points are very different but take into account that you get Night Sights standard with the Sig. These are a $75 value not including installation. If you are going to do any low light shooting or carry the Glock for personal protection you will want to upgrade you sights. Again, you are looking at a $100 plus for the sights and the installation, not to mention the convenience.
    All in all the Glock will be cheaper in the long run, if price is a consideration. Magazines and Holsters are about the same price for both models.

At the end of the day, your best bet is to shoot both is you have the opportunity and make your decision based on grip comfort and the core functionality of the firearm.

Good luck with your decision and I hope I helped outline the differences.

Top Bottom