Sig p238 thoughts, opinions?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheashae

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Vp
    I bought one a couple of weeks ago for a pocket pistol and absolutely love the gun. I have had no issues with it, but only passed 40 or so rounds through it. I have gotten mixed reviews from youtube about the gun, but so far I love it. Anyone else own one of these?

idunno

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    reviving an old thread, I just found out about these a few days ago and handled one for the first time today. ragincajun1919, I really like how it felt, just wanna know why you sold yours?

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I went back and forth on this gun and the Kahr P380. I ended up with the Kahr.

I liked the way the Sig felt in my hand, but what killed it for me was the weight, width and the beaver tail.

thomjb

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Southern IN
    If you go to the SigForum it looks like love it or hate it, many have taken multiple trips back to the factory.

I love Sigs but have held off a 238 as of now.

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Bought mine new and the only problem I had was one of the dots for the night sights wasn't lighting up. Sig paid for shipping both ways an replaced the sight. She shoots great and I have no problems thus far with at least 300 rounds down the pipe. It is my primary carry.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Have a friend in Houston who owns several and have shot his. Very close to the Colt Mustang imo.

But I've been hearing LOTS bad about SIG these days. Current production guns I mean and QC issues being prevalent galore (as another example on this thread a bout folks sending their 238's back) as opposed to earlier and W German produced products that were the "shiznit" for quality, fit and finish.

Not trying to gore anyone's ox, my pal likes his, but I've been avoiding SIGS for the last two years or so based on the issues I have read about.

You did ask for my thoughts and opinions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom