Sig P238 Trigger Replacement

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Geezer Squid

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I bought a P238 recently and was very displeased with the trigger. It was heavy, notchy, and actually "jam" if not pulled exactly to the rear. I searched the web and found this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh2v_-87DRM

After watching it and then searching the web some more, I found quite a few folks that liked this SS trigger. So, I ordered one from:

Tillamook Precision Inc.
    7610 Trask River rd.
    Tillamook, Oregon 97141

I paid via PayPal to partsproduction@oregoncoast.com.

The installation went very smoothly. Glen includes a flanged pin that drops into the trigger spring and it really, really helps smooth things out. My trigger is smoother, lighter and just all around better. (IMHO & YMMV). I went from being very displeased with the trigger to being very pleased.

BTW, you can get the trigger with a machined ss finish or with a black finish.

I have no affiliation with this company other than as a satisfied customer!

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    That video is hard to watch. He was shaking so bad he made my nerves bad. lol. I have a p238 and am interested in changing my trigger. Is there a website to order the trigger from?

Geezer Squid

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That video is hard to watch. He was shaking so bad he made my nerves bad. lol. I have a p238 and am interested in changing my trigger. Is there a website to order the trigger from?

I did not find a website from which I could order the part. I went to this website for his machine shop http://www.oregoncoast.com/production/ and clicked on the "Contact" email at the bottom of the page. He then responded, very quickly too, with the ordering information. Basically you pay him via PayPal and include your order info and shipping address in the comments. I then sent him an email confirming everything.

I can tell you the parts are first rate as far as I'm concerned. It's a direct replacement of the stock trigger, but made of stainless steel instead of plastic. I considered that to be worth the price and then to find the trigger pull very improved was a real plus!!

Good luck.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom