Sig P245 impressionS?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slacker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Red Stick
    i have a used sig p245 on layaway, anybody had one? should i just put the money into a 1911? i have other sigs and this one seemed cool at the time, but my range buddies are really poo poo'ing my eventual purchase.

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    poo poo. :nono:

You have two other Sigs, one of which is a compact, and the second you get this P245, you're going to want a 1911 anyway. the P245 is a perfectly fine gun for someone who is all about carrying a chopped P220, but when one stumbles across a used one at the counter, it's worth pause before going ahead with the deal...

The standard mags are proprietary and only 6 rounds. Compare that to the 7 round officer/compact mags found in smaller 1911s. You are also dealing with the same size and weight as the compact & intermediate 1911s, but lose the benefit of widespread parts and a variety of aftermarket options. Finally, there is a good chance you are going to hold on the pistol a long time waiting for someone crazy about the P245 to get the fair market value, or slash the asking price to generate interest.

X dollars on a P245 you aren't crazy about is X dollars on a 1911, or groceries, or ...

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Great gun. Will prolly run pretty near forever without need of spare parts - unlike the 1911 of compact variation. I have had / have both and I'd give the edge to the Sig. Also I think the Sig will have more cool factor as there are fewer of them around. The last 2
    I saw sell on this forum went for about asking price and 1 of them had a waiting list to buy. And, ..........it's a SIG.
    And the 245 is no longer made (as a 245) and will prolly gain more in value. IMO.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I never liked them. Not nearly as much as the 220, 226, 228, or 225 for that matter. But the reason is purely personal in that the shortened grip frame just never felt "right" in my hand.

To each their own. It IS a quality weapon imo.

bob220st

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    San Mateo California
    I own several Sigs...one of which is a P220ST(and i have Shot the P245 extensively).Out of the box..no problems,softer recoil and better control;a good thing.
    if it fits your hand and YOU like it...Enjoy....plus it is ACCURATE!!!.
    Bob:D

Top Bottom