Sig P250 2sum Opinions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    I am considering purchasing a P250 2sum. I like the concept but am concerned with what I read on forums including this one regarding quality of newer Sig products. The most recent discussions that I found were on a Sig forum which I am assuming is pretty full of Sig fan boys and may not be as objective as some others. So, I am asking for your opinions on the current state of quality at Sig and is the P250 worth adding to the collection. Thanks in advance.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    My wife loves her 9mm 250. I also like the gun. It did not seem to catch on with the LE market as intended, but the gun has functioned flawlessly and is quite accurate. My younger grandsons also like it and the different frame sizes ensure a good fit for the whole family. Can't think of any negatives unless you don't like a DAO system - but this one is light and smooth. (Note: I'm not very critical about guns - I like them all, pretty much.)

nortac

Cynical Old Codger
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Abita Springs, LA , USA
    I too would like to know of some of the 250's alleged faults. A friend of mine who is new to pistols recently bought a 250. When asked my opinion on the Sig 250, I truthfully told him that I had no experience with that model, but that Sigs in general have a great rep and I had a P229 that works flawlessly. I have always be a fan of modularity so I somewhat encouraged him to give it a try. I hope I didn't steer him wrong.

rossdout

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    cant speak of the 250, but i recently purchased a sig carry 1911 that in my opinion is a very fine firearm. People hate on the 250 I think because they expect it to compete in finish with the sigs that are twice as expensive. I haven't seen much criticism on its reliability or durability everything i see is people saying the gun somehow feels "cheap"

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    My opinion has nothing to do with them feeling cheap. I carry a Glock so obviously feeling cheap doesn't bother me. The problem is they don't work reliably. the Frame Insert piece(Whatever SiG calls it) has a propencety to bend and warp. The extractors fail to well...extract and the triggers are terrible. Severalk of the LEA customers who bought 250s like the Federal Air Marshals have had to recall them. The FAMs had to trot back out their well worn 229s. The ATF booted the 250 out of its test for suspect reliability, SiGs answer....ok so they jammed some why does that matter....Screw SiG. When they get back to be a company that understands and respects what they owe their customers maybe I will pay attention.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    My bet is quite a few Feds end up packing S&W Iron. Particularly because in .40cal the M&P is better than the Glock 23/23. I also think that if the Military ever decides to replace the M9 it will be with a .40cal M&P.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mike_717
    Top Bottom