sig p250 or springfield xD?? help

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stashooter

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    saint amant
    new to handguns so sorry!
    have an option to buy a sig p250 (.40 cal) 1 mag, or a springfield xD service model (9mm) comes with all xD accessories and a duty holster both priced very reasonable!
    please help members of bayou shooter. :)

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Although I am a Sig fan, and while they make some very fine handguns, the P250 is the turd of their line.

I am NOT a Springfield fan, but given the choice between the two, I would take the XD.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    i personally prefer 9mm so id take the xd. no real experience with either, but i have to wonder what sig is doing to offer a handgun at half the price as their 226.

that and with the xd you have a nice holster and probably more mags, are you gonna get a mag pouch on that deal as well?

stashooter

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    saint amant
    Thanks guys! And yea it comes with all xD gear plus additional holster.
    The sig comes with a blackhawk concealed holster and one mag :/. Sig is $350.00 xD is slightly more..

fr3nchy524

resident asian shooter!
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    new orleans
    i own a xd9... and it's an awesome gun especially if its your first gun. feels really nice in my hands! plus... ammo is cheaper for 9mm over 40s.

stashooter

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    saint amant
    Well I have a Taurus pt 24/7 pro I carry now. I know I know junk right? I got one made out of the new facility in miami! Gun had turned more haters into lovers than I can count lol.
    Over a 1000 rounds with no malfunctions at all! And so smooth.
    @Chad your darn close ;)
    I have a 9mm carbine the pt is also a 9mm. Would be good to only have one cal of ammo to carry :)

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Yes I would really go with the XD then.
    And yes, I HATED the Taurus semi's (always thought the revolvers were good for the price). I then got a 24/7 for a bit and got it dirt cheap. Shot it and I was fairly impressed for what I paid. Ended up selling it to a buddy who wanted a first handgun, but wish I had kept it for a truck gun.

stashooter

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    saint amant
    @Chad yea I shot my friends old semi made in brazil "pos" is to say the least! Went to Cabelas when they had a sale. going on received a coupon for $100 off $300 so picked up the gun for $299.00 brand new. Will never part with it! I may have gotten lucky but every one I have seen come out of Miami has performed very well.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    My wife really likes her p250 9mm, has had it for about 2 years. It's her car gun 99% of the time, not a spec of surface rust like most sig's develop if left unattended. Goes bang everytime. It's a nice gun, I don't like the trigger pull though. If you enjoy revolvers, you'll like the trigger. It is a long double-action style pull every shot but a lot lighter than a DA revolver, very clean though.

stashooter

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    saint amant
    @lsp972 thanks for the comment and help.
    thanks to all others that aided in my decision.
    its decided after going to the local gun shop this morning and holding a service model xD that is what i am going with! hopefully it shoots as well as it felt!
    thanks again.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I am a Sig man. A P229 is my primary life support system. I also have an XDM for comp shooting. I like both, but stake my life on Sig!

Gunbeaux

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Boothville La.
    I like the XD have one of the sub compacts..in 9mm holds more ammo and is made by springfield. the original are from youslova but Springfiled brought the rights and make them in the US. I looked at both guns when I brought the xd a week ago today. price was close to the same but xd has more stuff with it. just my $0.02

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    meh... to answer your question:

I don't care for either really, but between the two, my gut feel would be for the Sig.

If it were me, I would save a hundred more bucks and shop around a little before trying to choose between two mediocre-at-best firearms.

Aaron

hdsprstr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Welsh
    I have an xd 40 service. I love this gun and have never had a problem with it. No FTE FTF whatsoever. My vote is for the xd.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I like the XD have one of the sub compacts..in 9mm holds more ammo and is made by springfield. the original are from youslova but Springfiled brought the rights and make them in the US. I looked at both guns when I brought the xd a week ago today. price was close to the same but xd has more stuff with it. just my $0.02

When did Springfield start making the XD/XDM?

Top Bottom