Sig P320 discharged in bag

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    He had it loaded in the bag with one in the chamber. He does admit that the bag slipped out of his hand and dropped it a short distance. Is that enough to make any handgun gun fire?
    4250b6027e8979df92365c609805f813.jpg
    6be1e315bf685d46ec06268388d30a8b.jpg
    1c49a2b2e187d73c99734e2caf09e268.jpg
    2fad2c5d23f721c3a0e32b21d5766336.jpg

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I would not trust any striker fire pistol. I have had my Glock do the same thing when seeing if I could make it accidentally discharge with Snap Caps. These sigs seem to be really bad. If it was a P220 type this would not have happened. How many of use get into a situation where you do not need a safety for the first shot? Not many.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I would not trust any striker fire pistol. I have had my Glock do the same thing when seeing if I could make it accidentally discharge with Snap Caps. These sigs seem to be really bad. If it was a P220 type this would not have happened. How many of use get into a situation where you do not need a safety for the first shot? Not many.

I want to make sure I am reading this right. You are saying you have had a Glock inertia fire ? Details.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    So curious how does this happen with a striker block safety?

I have to think the trigger is moving due to inertia or something coming in contact with the trigger.

the newer models of the P320 copied Glock somewhat with a striker safety to prevent this.

if properly holstered in a kydex or good operating leather holster the trigger is protected. It could move rearward, hence the trigger blade safety as on most striker fired guns.

most striker fired guns are *condition one*. Some do have the trigger safety blade and a manual safety.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I don’t believe that for a second unless it was a modified gun. It’s mechanically impossible to make a oem Glock fire without pulling the trigger.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I figured he wouldn’t come back and say anything. Theirs one thing in the gun world worst than Glock fan boys it’s the Glock haters. They will literally make up lies and BS in an attempt to discredit Glock. I never did understand this. Chances are he doesn’t even own a Glock. Typically these are your fudds that are in love with 1911’s or wheel guns.

Last edited:

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Safety on the trigger is one of the dumbest things I have seen in my life on a firearm. It reminds me of old WWII Russian guns that had no safety at all. Their thinking was like many, "Just don't pull the trigger". Well when that trigger gets snagged on something or you draw the gun and accidentally drop it things happen. As for me I dropped the Glock when using snap caps. When I went to grab it bam my finger hit the trigger and it when off like nothing. It was not even a complete pull back either. Two of my fingers went into the trigger guard in front of the trigger. I am not in the habit of dropping firearms but it happens. Not one person who shoots has not had it happen a time or two. All of my striker fires that do not have additional safeties are range guns now. No round in the chamber until it is point down range.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Safety on the trigger is one of the dumbest things I have seen in my life on a firearm. It reminds me of old WWII Russian guns that had no safety at all. Their thinking was like many, "Just don't pull the trigger". Well when that trigger gets snagged on something or you draw the gun and accidentally drop it things happen. As for me I dropped the Glock when using snap caps. When I went to grab it bam my finger hit the trigger and it when off like nothing. It was not even a complete pull back either. Two of my fingers went into the trigger guard in front of the trigger. I am not in the habit of dropping firearms but it happens. Not one person who shoots has not had it happen a time or two. All of my striker fires that do not have additional safeties are range guns now. No round in the chamber until it is point down range.
    SMH. It took you this long to come up with this? You pulled the trigger and the gun fired if what your saying isn’t just completely made up. You should look into how Glocks work mechanically. The gun will not fire without a full trigger pull. I’ll give you a hint. The trigger safety isn’t the only safety mechanism on the gun. It has 3 safety mechanisms.

https://us.glock.com/en/learn/glock-pistols/safe-action-system

as far as the 320 goes the gun had some issues and sig dropped the ball imo doing a * voluntary parts upgrade* some people including sig swear it’s safe now but I’ve seen some videos online of people still getting the gun to inertia fire with the * parts upgrade *. That doesn’t excuse the guy for putting a loaded gun into a bag and to boot it wasn’t even in a holster. The guy was an idiot in this situation.

Last edited:

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    When I went to grab it bam my finger hit the trigger and it when off like nothing.

This is not an accidental discharge, this is a negligent discharge -- you tried to catch a falling, loaded gun and pulled the trigger in the process. Had you just let the gun fall to the ground, it would not have discharged. Very lucky for you and your family and/or neighbors that it was loaded with a snap cap and not a live round.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    This is not an accidental discharge, this is a negligent discharge -- you tried to catch a falling, loaded gun and pulled the trigger in the process. Had you just let the gun fall to the ground, it would not have discharged. Very lucky for you and your family and/or neighbors that it was loaded with a snap cap and not a live round.

What He Said.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    I figured he wouldn’t come back and say anything. Theirs one thing in the gun world worst than Glock fan boys it’s the Glock haters. They will literally make up lies and BS in an attempt to discredit Glock. I never did understand this. Chances are he doesn’t even own a Glock. Typically these are your fudds that are in love with 1911’s or wheel guns.

Based alpha chad here. Be careful how you **** talk 1911 and wheel guns: they have effectively killed far more bad bois than Glocks. Be based, but do not drag your bias that somehow Glocks are everyone's favorite flavor because they are far from perfection. I would rather carry a wheel gun than a Glock, and sure as hell prefer a properly manufactured 1911A1.

I carry a SIG P320 variant and the trigger mass has issues and from what I have read was reworked to resolve the early issues. It looks like the OP subject has a trigger mod I would guess this is part of the problem. Second issue is in the range environment you need to make clear and safe and when you stow your guns in range bags they should be unloaded unless they are going into an EDC holster: in which case they should be point safely down range and chambered and holstered. My P320 has the new safety mods, if yours does not get it in asap. The aftermarket triggers typically make SIGs less reliable and become problematic in some way versus the oem triggers. I have heard the same for Glock
    but never will own one unless they make some ergonomic changes and a few others component changes I refuse to cope with in a pistol that I hang near my gonads. OP restore your oem trigger and ensure its not in recall, and stop stuffing loaded guns into your range bag..

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Based alpha chad here. Be careful how you **** talk 1911 and wheel guns: they have effectively killed far more bad bois than Glocks. Be based, but do not drag your bias that somehow Glocks are everyone's favorite flavor because they are far from perfection. I would rather carry a wheel gun than a Glock, and sure as hell prefer a properly manufactured 1911A1.

I carry a SIG P320 variant and the trigger mass has issues and from what I have read was reworked to resolve the early issues. It looks like the OP subject has a trigger mod I would guess this is part of the problem. Second issue is in the range environment you need to make clear and safe and when you stow your guns in range bags they should be unloaded unless they are going into an EDC holster: in which case they should be point safely down range and chambered and holstered. My P320 has the new safety mods, if yours does not get it in asap. The aftermarket triggers typically make SIGs less reliable and become problematic in some way versus the oem triggers. I have heard the same for Glock
    but never will own one unless they make some ergonomic changes and a few others component changes I refuse to cope with in a pistol that I hang near my gonads. OP restore your oem trigger and ensure its not in recall, and stop stuffing loaded guns into your range bag..

just curious here but where did you get me saying everyone should carry a Glock and as you put it they are * everyone’s favorite flavor*

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans

I have no dog in this fight, but given the couple reviews he's posted on taurus's. I would imagine that would not qualify him as a glock fan boy.....

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana

You do realize you changed your story when we called out out, right ? First you were seeing if you could make it accidentally discharge, then you dropped it and caught it and then you pulled the trigger on your own.

Your story sounds very made up. Who carries snap caps chambered in a gun in their bag. Were you testing it (with snap caps) for drop safety, or was it an accidental drop and you pulled the trigger.

I am going to guess your mouth overtook your ass on this one. Here is where you just say "my post was a mistake" and stop. But I am guessing you will dig this hole deeper.

Top Bottom