Sig Sauer MPX-C with permanently att "Muzzle Break"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    I can see some people getting in trouble by just putting a sleeve over the "muzzle break" and not going through the NFA....

I want one still FA please!

Damn Huges amendment...

Jguid54

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Yea I don't know how the gun was approved by the ATF with that permanently attached muzzle break/baffle. Oh well, I still want one.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Yea I don't know how the gun was approved by the ATF with that permanently attached muzzle break/baffle. Oh well, I still want one.

Hows it any different than a aac brake or a sure fire brake with qd threads other than it serving a purpose as a component of a manufactured can?

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    I think ya'll missed the "sub machine gun" part. This is an NFA weapon only.
    http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/sig-mpx-c.aspx
    THE NEXT GENERATION OF SUBMACHINE GUN IS HERE
    Introducing the SIG MPX, a machine pistol that redefines the category.

The SIG MPX is the world’s first submachine gun that operates with a fully closed and locked rotating bolt system, greatly enhancing operator safety.

The SIG MPX employs the SIG SAUER® battle-proven gas-operated short stroke piston system for unequaled reliability in the field, even under the most adverse conditions.

The SIG MPX is the only submachine gun that allows the operator to change barrel length, caliber and stock configuration in the field to meet mission requirements.

SIG MPX-C - NFA Rules Apply
    Carbine Variant - 6.5' barrel with 9.5" muzzle brake permanently attached - Semi-auto
    Extended carbon fiber adaptable handguard
    SIG MPX reflex sight included

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    My understanding is there are semi automatic version also. I found this in the M4 threads.
    MPX-C-9-T
    MPX, CARBINE, 9MM, 16″ BBL, SEMI, BRAKE, CARBON HGUARD, REFLEX SIGHT, TELE STOCK, 30RD MAG
    $2,199.00

SDMPX-C9-KIT
    SD SILENCER KIT, MPX, 9MM/357SIG
    $299.00

Jguid54

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Hows it any different than a aac brake or a sure fire brake with qd threads other than it serving a purpose as a component of a manufactured can?
    Um have you ever seen an aac or sure fire or other brand threaded muzzle break that you put a simple sleeve over (any dumb arse can accomplish) and turn your weapon into an integrally suppressed weapon?

shaggy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Northshore, LA
    I played with one at SHOT on the range, and it was a COOL little gun. Shot well, ergo was great so it felt great to shoulder and fire, also balanced out well. Id take it over an MP5 any day.

Gringo Loco

Psalms 37
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    My understanding is there are semi automatic version also. I found this in the M4 threads.
    MPX-C-9-T
    MPX, CARBINE, 9MM, 16″ BBL, SEMI, BRAKE, CARBON HGUARD, REFLEX SIGHT, TELE STOCK, 30RD MAG
    $2,199.00

SDMPX-C9-KIT
    SD SILENCER KIT, MPX, 9MM/357SIG
    $299.00

I thought it wasn't a semi, and only LE/Military.

Jguid54

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I think ya'll missed the "sub machine gun" part. This is an NFA weapon only.
    http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/sig-mpx-c.aspx
    THE NEXT GENERATION OF SUBMACHINE GUN IS HERE
    Introducing the SIG MPX, a machine pistol that redefines the category.

The SIG MPX is the world’s first submachine gun that operates with a fully closed and locked rotating bolt system, greatly enhancing operator safety.

The SIG MPX employs the SIG SAUER® battle-proven gas-operated short stroke piston system for unequaled reliability in the field, even under the most adverse conditions.

The SIG MPX is the only submachine gun that allows the operator to change barrel length, caliber and stock configuration in the field to meet mission requirements.

SIG MPX-C - NFA Rules Apply
    Carbine Variant - 6.5' barrel with 9.5" muzzle brake permanently attached - Semi-auto
    Extended carbon fiber adaptable handguard
    SIG MPX reflex sight included

I think they say NFA rules apply, meaning if you want to SD it you must get the tax stamp. If it was an NFA only weapon why would they make it permanently 16" BBL. They would either do an SBR or SD verson.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom